Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interested

Getting close to buying it.

Not like someone down there that thinks its ok to steal copyrighted material. Man thats a strange one.

Anyway, what I'm hoping is to get Vbulletin and add the thumbnail for topics mod to it. So next to the topic is a thumbnail. I can't remember where I saw that on here. Can someone point that out for me please ??.

Next, I'm using SMF and want to try to use Implex to convert over, what I want to know, is can I try this on a dummy forum first. In other words, into a different folder on the server and away from the main forum. Once I know it will work, then do it to the full forum.

I can setup a dummy forum using the database in another folder first to try it. Would that work ??. I can't see why it wouldn't, but I'm certainly not an expert on it or the process.

Finally the thumbnail for topics mod, exactly what version of Vb would you suggest I get for that to work with.

Thanks for your time.

Danny.
    Last edited by nzmacro; Sat 11 Oct '08, 5:17pm.

Hi Dan, I will try my best to answer your questions for you...first

1) Not sure but you can try searching vB.org
    2&3) Yes you are allowed a test installation in the directory of "testvb" this must be guarded by .htaccess and only accessable by YOU - It must not allow registrations and not be used as a live forum, it is for TESTING purposes only, you can test impex on this though as long as it isn't used for the LIVE forum.

I hope this helped you! just so you know, some other commonly asked questions:
    Owned license - $180 - use vB forever plus 1 yr (12 months) of upgrades.
    $40/$60 (Optional) yearly fee for another year of upgrade access.
    Leased: - $100, You may use vBulletin and have access to any upgrades, up to a year, after the year is up, you must either:
    a) Take the forum down from your server
    b) purchase another year
    c) purchase an owned license

All add-ons you purchase are tied into your license so they are a 1 time fee as long as your license is active and not expired.

Hope I helped you make your decision, and welcome to the family.

Comment

Thats excellent NS and exactly what I was looking for. I know many say use the search functions, easier said than done sometimes . You could spend hours for just a simple answer.

Hey, thanks for your time and thats brilliant. No way would a test forum go live. I would get a lifetime license anyway.

All the best and a huge thanks.

Danny.

Comment

No problem man. Glad to help.

If you need any further assistance feel free to send me a PM.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X