Posting to a forum via Email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting to a forum via Email

Is there inbuilt Integration that supports posting to a forum via Email? Most of the users in our forums communicate via an email list similar to google or yahoo groups. The forum is simply used as an archive for research later on.

Is it possible to directly post to a forum via email? If not has someone built a module/plugin that can achieve this?

No sorry, there is no such option in vBulletin. I am not aware of an unofficial add-on to do this but if here is one it would be over at www.vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by prospecting View Post
      Is there inbuilt Integration that supports posting to a forum via Email? Most of the users in our forums communicate via an email list similar to google or yahoo groups. The forum is simply used as an archive for research later on.

Is it possible to directly post to a forum via email? If not has someone built a module/plugin that can achieve this?
      There is one on vbulletin.org:
      http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=169247

Unfortunately it is not supported.
      vBulletin would be greater by officially supporting it.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

Originally posted by beishe8 View Post
        There is one on vbulletin.org:
        http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=169247

Unfortunately it is not supported.
        vBulletin would be greater by officially supporting it.
        nothing special Jelsoft does NOT officially support anything that's availible at www.vbulletin.org if they did there coders would be busy all day long checking hacks for security (and other things) and we customers would never see a new vBulletin version.So i'm glad they do not support it

Comment

Originally posted by DelphiVillage View Post
          nothing special Jelsoft does NOT officially support anything that's availible at www.vbulletin.org if they did there coders would be busy all day long checking hacks for security (and other things) and we customers would never see a new vBulletin version.So i'm glad they do not support it
          With supporting it, I meant: implement it.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

Thank you! this just made my day.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X