X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is login integration possible??

Hi,

Thanks for helping with my previous question, I have another:

I have an existing content site which is is based on the latest PHP code and a MYSQL database. It is similar to an article directory - users can login and submit articles, create a profile, rate, comment etc.

If I install vBulletin, I would really like to integrate the login process. E.g. if they login to my site, they automatically get logged into the forum as well (which they will access from the home page).

Is this easy/possible? How many hours would it take?

Thanks in advance for all of your advice,

Dave.

The reason I have doubts is because with vbulletin, there is no access to source code.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave01 View Post
      The reason I have doubts is because with vbulletin, there is no access to source code.

False statement. VBulletin's source is 100% viewable. You can modify it to your hearts content though you will loose support if you do. However there is a robust plugin system that allows you to hook in to the system for various tasks.

There is also a dedicated modification site vbulletin.org I do believ there is a mod there that allows for logins that are not VB pages.
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      Running custom version of vBulletin based on v4.2.5
      PHP 7.4.14 :: MariaDB 10.5.8

Comment

Same Problem.

I have the exact same problem as this. I want my users to have a single login for my existing Classifieds site, and also use the vB Forum.

I can confirm the source code is 100% visible. I have also viewed Said source Code and found it very difficult to follow, as there is no documentation.
        This has Probably been done on purpose, as we don't want scammers breaking into forums powered by vB.

I know that what you seek is entirely possible, There are however several misleading posts in the forums. I have found more questions like this on the forums and there are several partial solutions, but none that I can find offering the advice needed.

If I do find an answer, I will post it here

Alex

http://www.afors.com

Comment

Originally posted by AlexCsp View Post
          I
          I can confirm the source code is 100% visible. I have also viewed Said source Code and found it very difficult to follow, as there is no documentation.
          This has Probably been done on purpose, as we don't want scammers breaking into forums powered by vB.
          That is not the reason. They dont provide documentation because there is so much that you can do with code that they simply say that it is unsupported. You can alter the code, but if you do you are on your own, and vbulletin will not provide you with any support until the original files are restored.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X