Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time Buyer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • First time Buyer

    hey first thanks to Sales team in answering my questions, just some more final questions.

    which is recommended for low income individual

    Owned or Leased and how secure is the software overall vs IPB and Mybb phpbb.

    I am highly interested in this product that why i am asking these silly questions.

    and on your ft

    Moderation
    • Moderation queues for user registration and posting
    does this mean i can moderate first post before viewing.

    thanks

    their no hidden fee

    180 dollars for owned

    their no montly payment after that.

    I all ready got host
    with Host veterean

  • #2
    In the short term, it's cheaper to lease your license... but that lasts for three years, at which point, you break even. Then it gets more expensive:

    If I have done my math correctly ($100 per year for the leased license; $180 one time fee + $40/year for the owned license -- if renewed within 60 days of expiry) then here is how much you will have invested by each year:
    Year 1
    Leased: $100 Owned: $220
    Year 2
    Leased: $200 Owned: $260
    Year 3
    Leased: $300 Owned: $300
    Year 4
    Leased: $400 Owned: $340
    Year 5
    Leased: $500 Owned: $380
    Year 6
    Leased: $600 Owned: $420

    As you can obviously see, you quickly spend more by continually purchasing a leased license rather than an owned license.

    There are no hidden fees. $180 to run the software forever. After one year, you are no longer provided with the latest version unless you pay a renewal fee. The renewal fee is $40 if you pay within 60 days of the license expiry; it is $60 thereafter.

    Regarding your moderation question:
    Yes, you can place users in a group where they must have x number of posts approved (moderated) by a staff member before their posts will instantly appear.
    You can also set some forums so all posts/threads submitted are moderated. (One example for a use of this would be an "Articles" forum)
    Last edited by Nick; Wed 1st Oct '08, 2:53pm.
    Regards,
    Nick

    Comment


    • #3
      cool thanks

      looks like owned be less of blow to your wallet then lease.

      so be 40 dollars within 60 days if expire so like if i bought the license now.

      will not need to pay again to till 8/1/09 that 60 days of 10/1/09.

      60 after 8/1/09.

      Comment


      • #4
        If you buy an owned license today, it will expire on 10/1/09.
        At that point, you will no longer be able to download updated versions. Only the latest version released up to that date.
        You have 60 days to renew your updates for $40. This enables you to download all updates and new releases for another whole year.
        However, if you don't renew within 60 days, the renewal fee increases to $60. You can renew whenever you want, and you don't even have to renew... unless you always want the latest version.
        Regards,
        Nick

        Comment


        • #5
          awesome

          so you highly recommend owned over lease

          thanks

          I be buying license soon

          Comment


          • #6
            I personally would recommend the Owned license if you plan on running vBulletin for more than 3 years.
            Regards,
            Nick

            Comment


            • #7
              awesome

              I be buying license very soon

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Nick View Post
                Year 1
                Leased: $100 Owned: $220
                Year 2
                Leased: $200 Owned: $260
                Year 3
                Leased: $300 Owned: $300
                Year 4
                Leased: $400 Owned: $340
                Year 5
                Leased: $500 Owned: $380
                Year 6
                Leased: $600 Owned: $420
                First year of updates are "free". So it would be like this instead:

                Year 1
                Leased: $100 Owned: $180
                Year 2
                Leased: $200 Owned: $220
                Year 3
                Leased: $300 Owned: $260
                Year 4
                Leased: $400 Owned: $300
                Year 5
                Leased: $500 Owned: $340
                Year 6
                Leased: $600 Owned: $380

                So you break even somewhere in between year 2 & 3.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Dismounted View Post
                  First year of updates are "free". So it would be like this instead:

                  Year 1
                  Leased: $100 Owned: $180
                  Year 2
                  Leased: $200 Owned: $220
                  Year 3
                  Leased: $300 Owned: $260
                  Year 4
                  Leased: $400 Owned: $300
                  Year 5
                  Leased: $500 Owned: $340
                  Year 6
                  Leased: $600 Owned: $380

                  So you break even somewhere in between year 2 & 3.
                  Ahh okay. I didn't know the first year of updates was free
                  Regards,
                  Nick

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I would like to point out that the leased license renewal to keep running vBulletin is mandatory. And that the owned license is a one time fee. If you do not upgrade your forum after 12 months, you still only paid $180, only when you optionally renew, which you can do at ANY time in the future .. even 3 years later,.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Floris View Post
                      I would like to point out that the leased license renewal to keep running vBulletin is mandatory. And that the owned license is a one time fee. If you do not upgrade your forum after 12 months, you still only paid $180, only when you optionally renew, which you can do at ANY time in the future .. even 3 years later,.
                      oh cool so 180 it be mine as long as I live or site reamins open

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        If you buy the owned license, you have permission to run that one instance forever.

                        Only .. when you wish to upgrade it in the future .. you only get 12 free months to get access to new releases. So in the future, when you want to upgrade after the first 12 months, you have to renew for $60 to get download access to newer releases that came out after those first 12 months. Like, vbulletin 5 in 2 years from now (making that up as an example).

                        So yes, 1x $180, = run 1 vb forever. = 15 years later == you still only paid $180

                        but, 1x $100 = run 1 vb for 12 months = 15 years later == 15 x $100

                        if you plan to run a forum for longer than 1 or 2 years, buy the owned license, it earns itself back so to say

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Floris View Post
                          If you buy the owned license, you have permission to run that one instance forever.

                          Only .. when you wish to upgrade it in the future .. you only get 12 free months to get access to new releases. So in the future, when you want to upgrade after the first 12 months, you have to renew for $60 to get download access to newer releases that came out after those first 12 months. Like, vbulletin 5 in 2 years from now (making that up as an example).

                          So yes, 1x $180, = run 1 vb forever. = 15 years later == you still only paid $180

                          but, 1x $100 = run 1 vb for 12 months = 15 years later == 15 x $100

                          if you plan to run a forum for longer than 1 or 2 years, buy the owned license, it earns itself back so to say
                          Thank you very Much for answering my insane questions.

                          taking some things of of current forum that i got now and when i get things in gear, you have new customer by Monday.

                          Comment

                          widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X