Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After Expiry Date?

Hi,

I have an Active vBulletin (Owned License) and the Expiry Date is May 16th '09.
    What i want to know is after this date will i be able to login to the member area and download the last vBulletin that was available to download before the expiry date or not? Thanks.

Yes. You will not be able to download any new versions after the expiration.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Assuming there's no licensing problems (IE: piracy, multi-install etc. etc. which non of us wish to go through w/ dealing with), you will still be able to login to member's area. However, you will only be able to download software released up to that date. That is to say, for example, if vBulletin x.x.z is released on May 20th, 2009, you will not be able to download that. You will, however, still be download vBulletin x.x.y, which is released before May 16th, 2009.

You will still be able to download addons, languages, style, etc. from both here, and vbulletin.org, as well as any other site you authorize to share information to in the member's area. Additionally, you will still be able to access all support informations, and post in the support sections, as well as open support tickets.

If the release is a security release -- IE: we discovered a security problem in x.x.y, so we're releasing x.x.z to correct the problem -- and does not require change to large amount of files, then you will be able to download a patch that addresses the security problem. To date, the only patch that was not available was one that required change to every single file in the software, all other security patches were available for customers to download.
      Best Regards,
      Andy Huang

Comment

Thanks for your reply, it's all clear now, Thanks.

Comment

Thanks Andy, I always wonder if when my owned license time expired if i was still able to download the current vbulletin from my member's area.
          Arcade.gs Game Site!

Comment

You will be able to download whichever version was available when the license expired.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X