Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was interested in purchasing the software

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I was interested in purchasing the software

    but i have some questions


    sometimes when i log into houstonbeats.com it wont work, im not banned or anything but it just wont work. i have to delete all the cookies just to look at the page and then when i enter a user name and password it says server to busy at the moment.



    the same thing happens on another website called dallasdancemusic.com for some reason when i clear cookies it works fine but when i log in it runs so slow and when i click on a topic it redirects me to the main page.

  • #2
    actually you have no questions, just statements that these sites run slow...

    test some other sites, because these are run with banners and modified vBulletin, so it represent nothing for business...
    oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by nexialys View Post
      actually you have no questions, just statements that these sites run slow...

      test some other sites, because these are run with banners and modified vBulletin, so it represent nothing for business...

      is it possible with modified vbulletin to redirect someone or make certain users run slower than others?

      Comment


      • #4
        sure, this is what we call the "Miserable Users", it's a addon provided for free at http://vbulletin.org when you are licensed ...
        oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by nexialys View Post
          sure, this is what we call the "Miserable Users", it's a addon provided for free at http://vbulletin.org when you are licensed ...
          can you tell me more about it?

          Comment


          • #6
            is there a way to bypass it?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by MichaelPait View Post
              is there a way to bypass it?
              Proxies I believe but otherwise, probably not.

              Comment


              • #8
                so if someone has a proxy and i have a vbulletin message board they can hack through through the miserable users hack? what does the miserable users hack do add special codes or does it just slow everything down?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by MichaelPait View Post
                  so if someone has a proxy and i have a vbulletin message board they can hack through through the miserable users hack? what does the miserable users hack do add special codes or does it just slow everything down?
                  it generates fake error messages and 'server problems' such as slowness, so yes, it is designed to make the 'banned' user, miserable, thus in turn, the user will give up on the site, and leave.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    so how can someone bypass it though?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      and why are people so nerdy with their forums?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by MichaelPait View Post
                        so how can someone bypass it though?
                        Applying a proxy is one way, not sure if it WORKS but it's a educated guess on how it can be bypassed..

                        As for the nerdy comment, I don't know.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          so how do i create a proxy so i can test it to see if it works or not.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by MichaelPait View Post
                            so how do i create a proxy so i can test it to see if it works or not.
                            You do not create it, you use it.
                            Replace "somesite.com" with the wanted site's name.

                            http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-w....somesite.com/


                            vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              i cant get it to work i was able to visit the site but when i tried to log in it gave me that weird server too busy crap

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X