Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can i get my forum online if i dont have a server of my own?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i get my forum online if i dont have a server of my own?

basically im lookin to start a forum of my own using vbulletin. i dont have a server of my own or the room in my house to keep one. so is it possible to download vbulletin software to my home pc then upload it to a webhost's server and go from there?? any coments welcome as im seriously looking into buying the software. thanks..chris
    Last edited by CJH1990; Thu 18 Sep '08, 12:22am.

Originally posted by CJH1990 View Post
    so is it possible to download vbulletin software to my home pc then upload it to a webhost's server and go from there??
    Yes it is possible. You do need the necessary software in your PC to run it.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

Originally posted by beishe8 View Post
      Yes it is possible. You do need the necessary software in your PC to run it.
      ive got an up to date home pc. borught it last week infact. has got 3gb of ram and loads of disk space e.t.c. however what necesary software do i need ?

Comment

and Wordpad to edit the occasional php file. (notepad doesn't format the php files correctly, open them in Wordpad)

Comment

And youll need software to actually host it, php mysql. etc
          Jut a random internet person.

A message to all illegal users!

Comment

Originally posted by hitmancode47 View Post
            And youll need software to actually host it, php mysql. etc
            He didnt mean host it on his home computer, he meant downloading it to his home computer so he could then upload it to his web host.
            http://data.collectiveirc.net/status/user/Jobe.png

Comment

Ignore hitmancode47 and beishe8, they got confused and their replies are not relevant to what you want to do.

Comment

He didnt mean host it on his home computer, he meant downloading it to his home computer so he could then upload it to his web host.
                My bad. Sorry.
                Jut a random internet person.

A message to all illegal users!

Comment

i got a server u can use for abit of coding if thats any good

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X