X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XML Document

Hello vbulletin.com

My Web host Don't Support XML Document [.XML] Is there any way to bypas this ? I can't move to a different host as i em hosting there. Can you help my on this? Maybe i can host The 4 XML file's on my other host but how do i link those files then ? This happens @ installation step 6 or 7 cant remember maybe 8

Thank you

It is not the storage of the files that would be the problem. PHP has to be able to read and parse these files properly. The functions to do this are part of later versions of PHP including the minimum version supported by vBulletin. Your host would have to specifically disable this functionality when installing PHP on the server for it not to work.

Unfortunately, there is no way around the requirement that PHP be able to parse XML documents.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      It is not the storage of the files that would be the problem. PHP has to be able to read and parse these files properly. The functions to do this are part of later versions of PHP including the minimum version supported by vBulletin. Your host would have to specifically disable this functionality when installing PHP on the server for it not to work.

Unfortunately, there is no way around the requirement that PHP be able to parse XML documents.
      I don't think you understand (sorry about my English) what i mean is when i try to host the xml documents i can't its says "Server has restricted these files" so i cant even put them on the web host. I don't know why

Can you help ? maybe an older version of vbulletin or do all of them use XML ?

Thank You

Comment

To get vB support on these forums you first need to be a licensed customer and register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please go here:

http://members.vbulletin.com/membersupport_priority.php

...and enter your email address in one of the boxes. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access the page.

Once you've done this, please post in the appropriate support forum for your version.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I em not paying 30$ for some php, java scripts, i asked for you helps and you can't help and thats ok good luck whit vbulletin.

Ill go use myBB its free and has no XML files,

Thank you And bye

Comment

Not to be able to upload an XML file?
            Only your host can help with that problem.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X