Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import Boards / Topics from SMF

Hello,

I run a Simple Machines Forum, and am intersted in purchasing a professional forum such as vBulletin.

Is there any way of importing the boards and topics / posts from my SMF Forum over to vBulletin?

Yes, we have an importer for SMF. You can read about it here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_smf

Please note that since SMF passwords are encrypted, they cannot be imported. Your users will need to reset their passwords after the import. You can read more about this here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_passwords
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks for that.

That page says it supports 1.1.4. I use 1.1.6 do you know if it will work?

Also, Is there a way to only import everything EXCEPT for Member Information?

The reason for this, is that i have heaps of members who signed up, but have not been back for a long time?

Or is there a way for vBulletin to say send a email for members who have not been online for say 90 days and then email them a reminder notice to login, or simply delete their account?

Thanks, Chris.

Comment

If the current importer doesn't work we will update it.

Yes, but that means you would not import ANY members and all the posts you import will not have valid members associated with them.

Yes you can do this manually but I do not think the last login info is imported so you will most likely have to wait 90 days after the import to do this.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank you for your help.

I can always cull them out before importing them over.

Thanks, Chris.

Comment

Another question,

If I install vBulletin, trial it, but adding users, permissions, user groups, forums etc... Figure out how to work it, is there any way to then import my smf forum over and that will override what I have done, or will it add smf stuff to what I have done?

Comment

The import will not overwrite any of your existing users, posts or other data.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X