X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crud2009
    replied
    Originally posted by Colin F View Post
    Yes, ImpEx will ignore all your additional tables/columns.

The import isn't hard at all, there are full instructions available and we'll gladly help you out if you have any issues.
    Yeah it's very easy, and this is coming from a complete n00b when it comes down to things like that lol. I actually like Impex better then the convertor IPB has.

Leave a comment:

• Colin F
    replied
    Yes, ImpEx will ignore all your additional tables/columns.

The import isn't hard at all, there are full instructions available and we'll gladly help you out if you have any issues.

Leave a comment:

• zelnik
    replied
    Sorry to somewhat hijack but it's on the same topic and thought it would be better than starting a new thread.

On a scale of 1-10 how difficult do you think it is to convert a PHPBB3 board to VB?

I was a complete novice when I set up PHPBB3 a few months ago but believe my skill level to be somewhat good now as it has been a complete mare to use and adapt So if anything it was a good learning curve.

I need to move to VB as this is the direction my forum has taken and need something more secure and with better support but my only worry is the process of conversion.

My board is very new and only had a few hundred users and 5000 odd posts but it does have a full addon modifications. I'm hoping the conversion tool will just ignore all that and import the basic data from the user db like name/post count and of course the actual content of the forum DB to (posts/threads)

Would I be right in assuming that is exactly what the IMP addon does?

Thanks in advance, keen to get things moving now I've made the decision to move to VB sooner than I imagined I would.

Leave a comment:

• PremiumKarl
    replied
    OK, thanks for your help, I'll get my cc out now.

Leave a comment:

• Colin F
    replied
    Personally I'd use a new database, but it doesn't actually make a difference.

Leave a comment:

• PremiumKarl
    replied
    OK, last question, is it better to install it in the same databse. or use a new one.
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Colin F
    replied
    No, it won't delete any data that's in the database previously.

Leave a comment:

• PremiumKarl
    replied
    so basicly, the import will delete all members who tested it and the posts.

Leave a comment:

• Colin F
    replied
    Correct, only issue is the passwords.

The import doesn't have to be into a clean board, there's no problem with giving your mods access before the actual import.

Leave a comment:

• PremiumKarl
    started a topic switching over

switching over

we're running on phpBB3 now with 37000 posts and 1400 members, but my members want a gallery, so I feel like I need to switch, I believe that the only problem are the passwords when I want to go from phpBB3 to vBulletin, or did I miss something out?
    I would also like to know, if I can let my mods test it out, change styles ad gallery..., BEFORE I do the import or does the import has to be on a clean vBulletin?
    Thanks
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X