Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre sales Question regarding Instalation

Hello all,

I sent the system requirements to our hosting tech, and this was the reply I got.

"As I am not familiar with the software, I cannot give a definitive answer; however, as long as the software does not require write-to access to the server backend then there may not be any issue. How does it need to be installed? Is there any chance it would write over any of the current website content? As long as it does not write over current content and does not need access to any of the backend server configurations and files, then theoretically you should be able to install it in the domain’s /public/ directory."

Thank you for any and all help!

Best regards,

Erik

The installation can be placed in its own directory, completely isolated from the rest of the contents of your servers. If you read the sticky thread Before You Buy vBulletin in this forum, and run the test script you'll know if the installation requires any additional attention from the host.
    Toddler from Hell

Comment

Thank you for your prompt response. I will run the test now.

Best Regards,

Erik

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X