Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am planning to purchase vBulletin, I have some questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am planning to purchase vBulletin, I have some questions.

I am planning to move away from PHPNuke/HTML or flash...
    I am planning to re-make my website, we have a decent community size, but I think we should take the next step forwards to make it nicer.
    I've been thinking for a while to get vBulletin, I have been unsure if its really worthy the additional 180$ USD + 40$ yearly fee to get updates.
    If you have vBulletin forums, please let me know what you think of it.

I am not planning to use the standard skins, this is a gaming community, so I am also looking for a good gaming template, so far on the web I didn't find many impressive designs for vB.

One of the things I hate is that the choice of templates is poor compared to phpnuke.

I could use some input from you guys.

Thanks in advance.

-IcEWoLF
    The 47 Ronin Gaming - www.47r-squad.com

In my eyes it is certainly worth the 180 dollar price tag.

With that said, I don't think I would pay +40 a year forr updates unless I absolutely need a feature from a future release.

Remember, you don't need to pay +40 to keep getting mods from vb.org nor do you need it for support.

Which brings me to the next thing. With $180 you not only get the best forum software but you also get superb staff AND community to help you with possible problems.

We're all friendly!

Comment

Basically I don't have to pay extra to get email/forum support am I correct?

Now, regarding the updates, what if its something critical?
      We won't be able to update our own website, am I correct? We still need to rely on vB and the paying service to update right?

I guess I won't mind paying 40 or 60...for something that really is critical for the website.

Mr Butter, I appreciate the quick answer, another concern is, the availability of vB gaming templates that look good, but not too expensive...any websites to recommend?
      I am looking for a flash logo on top, just to make the whole site classy.

Comment

I'm 99.9% sure you dont need to pay extra to keep getting support.

As for templates...

There are a bunch of sites to pay but for free...www.vbulletin.org. I dont think there are many templates made specificaly for gaming but imo a gaming forum doesn't need a template with gaming plastered all over it. As long as it looks good I think your users will be fine with it (and of course as long as there's good content )

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Butter View Post
          I'm 99.9% sure you dont need to pay extra to keep getting support.
          Support (through the ticket-system and the forum) has always been free.
          Toddler from Hell

Comment

Great, I've made up my decision.
            Is there a referral program that I can refer anyone here so they can get credit for it?

If not, I'll just go ahead and purchase the license.

Comment

No such thing, go ahead and purchase it and we're here if you have any problems

Comment

Purchase a vBulletin license and you will not regret it.

Comment

Well I went ahead and purchased it!
                  Right now I have to figure out how to make vB as frontpage and not the forums to be the front page..its awkward.
                  I could use some help...

Comment

I'm willing to help you. There's nothing that gets me more excited than a new vB forum.

Comment

Originally posted by IcEWoLF View Post
                      Well I went ahead and purchased it!
                      Right now I have to figure out how to make vB as frontpage and not the forums to be the front page..its awkward.
                      I could use some help...
                      In order for us to ensure you are licensed, please post in the appropriate Support Forum.
                      Regards,
                      Nick

Comment

There is actually an affiliate program: http://www.vbulletin.com/affiliate.php

Please feel free to sign up to it and use it to help you earn some money referring people here

I think it goes without the need to say, no one is allowed to purchase licenses from their own affiliate links
                        Best Regards,
                        Andy Huang

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Huang View Post
                            There is actually an affiliate program: http://www.vbulletin.com/affiliate.php

Please feel free to sign up to it and use it to help you earn some money referring people here

I think it goes without the need to say, no one is allowed to purchase licenses from their own affiliate links
                            Lol, ah, hours late, oh well.

Poor Mr. Butter

Thanks to Mr. Butter I was able to get my site running in no time.

Moving on my site is www.47r-squad.com, and pretty soon we will have a custom vB skin for the site, which will look great, but that will take 2 weeks.
                            the vBulletin.org and vBadvanced sites were huge, tons of important info.

Overall I am happy with my purchase, 180$ was worth every penny considering how much time developers worked on bringing a major league product.

Comment

Awesome. Sounds exciting.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X