Presale Hosting Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Presale Hosting Question

Would 400MB space & 10GB bandwith (shared hosting) be enough to start a forum, and how large would the forum have to be for me to have to upgrade hosting plans?

Thanks.

Make sure you are on a month to month payment, as some do add other charges for upgrading. You can find more info on this product on this page link : http://www.vbulletin.com/faqsales.php

Comment

I don't think those FAQs really help me out, but thanks for the response.
      What I mean is that space & bandwith fine to start to run a small forum & how many members (approximatey) would I need to have before upgrading my hosting plan? I'm talking about A Small Orange hosting by the way.

Comment

That should be fine for a small forum just starting out.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ask every host *
          1. they let you have access though SSH or Telnet {This is very important for you to do easy database backups]
          2. max_connections and max_user_connections
            mysql_connect: 15 ↔ visitors = 15 per 1/4 sec. action [25 to 45 would be suitable for shared small to large forum site]
          3. Download this test_script and upload on host side to determine if host is suitable to run vBulletin core script.
          4. Seek out month to month contracts, as getting lock in to one that requires you to pay for 3*6*9*12*24* [*denotes as months] is not in your best intrest.
            Read up on FAQ page http://www.vbulletin.com/faqsales.php
          5. I would look for a host that provide options for MySQL 5.0.x PHP 4 or 5+

You will see more members add to this thread...

That hosting plan will work, as they do not over sell servers and know of one person that is still using this and has no complaints for small forum site.

Comment

ASO is absolutely fantastic for small sites.

Their support and performance is phenomenal.

Comment

Ok thanks, I might be getting a forum very soon!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X