Temp use of valid license in development phase of 2nd site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temp use of valid license in development phase of 2nd site

One of my clients purchased a owned license of vBulletin for a site. I installed and configured this software for him, as well as maintain his dedicated server, so I naturally have full access to everything.He has decided to take his ambitions to the next level and will be purchasing another domain name and naturally another vBulletin license.Development and integration of the various components of the website/forums/ecommerce/etc on the new site will be about a two month undertaking.I understand the licensing agreement well enough to know that we can run a test environment for the forum software as long as it's has an easily recognizable name (vbtest), is not accessable to the public, and is password protected via the .htaccess file. The question I have is this: Does the hidden, password protected installation have to reside on the same domain as the domain the license is registered to, or can it be on a different domain? I would like to use the clients existing license to perform an install (hidden, password protected) on his new domain and use that for the two month development/integration period. Once the site is ready to go live he would purchase a new license for the new domain and I would up the new license files to the new domain, mv the file system up one directory, and take it live.All we're trying to do here is to keep from wasting two months worth of the licenses validity period while the integration is being undertaken. If I do this will I be violating anything?
    Anybody who says "it can't be done" will usually be interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

No, it can be on a different domain.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Awesome news. Thanks for the quick response.
      Anybody who says "it can't be done" will usually be interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X