Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reeve of Shinra
    replied
    Even if they did edit the files, it would like any other upgrade.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    RArely do people actually edit files anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Hitomi
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery View Post
    There is no data stored in any of the files, I'm always slightly confused why people are so unwilling to upload the new files.
    well if they customized the code then there might pose some issues

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Originally posted by tamiyausa View Post
    Ok but the site is up and running right now so he really does not need to upload any new files right, just point the new account to the domain?

Thanks
    There is no data stored in any of the files, I'm always slightly confused why people are so unwilling to upload the new files.

Leave a comment:

• beishe8
    replied
    Originally posted by tamiyausa View Post
    ...he really does not need to upload any new files right, just point the new account to the domain?
    Not enough just to point it to the new domain.
    Those files contain information about the licence.

Leave a comment:

• tamiyausa
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery View Post
    If he buys a new license he just needs to point the license at the domain and upload a new set of files, nothing will be lost assuming you have the database.
    Ok but the site is up and running right now so he really does not need to upload any new files right, just point the new account to the domain?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    If he buys a new license he just needs to point the license at the domain and upload a new set of files, nothing will be lost assuming you have the database.

Leave a comment:

• tamiyausa
    started a topic ownership issue question

ownership issue question

A friend of mine, (I work on his site from time to time) bought a vb with a friend of his (So they went into it together). The freindship is on the way out from what I was told. The other guy holds the customer#/password for the license and my friend holds the host server/domain.

He asked me if he could just buy a new vb license and use the current files and database that is on his server, with the new license?

Does he need to reinstall the whole thing over?
    is there a way he can buy the new license and update the files on his server to reflect his new license.?

He just wants to make a clean break from the other guy and not loose his site.

Thing that sucks is the other guy does not even want the site, he has moved on, but not willing to give him ownership of the license.

Thanks for the help!
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X