Using vB as a cms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using vB as a cms?

Is there any configuration or software type reason why vB can’t be used as a CMS?

My Thinking:
    Templates are fully configurable and the User interface is centred no columns. (Is configurable a word?) My plan is to buy another copy to use as a cms for our local Chamber of Commerce. (The Chamber would make the purchase)

The first forum would be our minutes all closed posts. Sub forum would be past years of our Minutes. Another forum would be our newsletters open to public viewing, all closed posts. And later if we need a forum to discuss new ideas and events can be made private or public so easily. We would need a good calendar which vB has.

Who’s online stats etc aren’t necessary, which can be taken away through header template editing.

Like any website, it has to be easy to view, simple to navigate, one or clicks at the most and easy for moderators to use.

But maybe I am a little bias towards vB as excellent forum software and can’t see the forest for the trees. Any comment by other user of vB would be appreciated. Of course moderators can make comment too as I know they hold no bias towards their competitors, isn’t that right vB staff?

Thanks - Rod

It would work, yes; but it is probably more difficult than needed. There are third party addons (free and paid are both available) which are strictly CMS addon for vBulletin, which may cater your needs better. You may want to check out for example vBAdvanced CMPS and SubDreamer; those are two which I can think of off hand which acts as CMS addon that integrates with vBulletin.
    Best Regards,
    Andy Huang

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Huang View Post
      ...check out for example vBAdvanced CMPS and SubDreamer.
      I have checked out your suggestions thoroughly and still think vB is the best for our organizations needs. As a cms we don't need participation just a site platform that members can view.

However SubDreamer does appear to be a good simple cms and easy to setup. I will buy a version to test out and then decide one way or the other.

Thanks for your advice Andy.

Rod

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X