How Difficult is it....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Difficult is it....

I can't post anywhere else but here so please excuse me (if the post gets moved let me know where)

I wante to purchase Vbulleting and I've been reading up on PHP and MySQL (some what complicated). Furthermore, a lot of people have told me that vB is self explanitory and simple to add to your domain or upload to your server. Can someone confirm it? If I wanted to put banners and etc. how difficult would all this be? In general what is the difficulties of running vB. As far as uploading and etc.

Please elaborate.

Thanks

PS I know HTML, I've used dreamweaver and etc. but it seems with PHP and MySQL I can not use the follow programs. I just want a brief explanation answering my questions and concerns.

Moreover, I want to avoid purchasing vB and getting "stuck" in it.

Thanks in advance

You shoudn't have any problems really. You don't need to know much about PHP or MySQL to actually run vBulletin, and adding Banner Ads is a simple case of adding the necessary HTML to templates in your Admin Control Panel.

Once you've uploaded and Installed vBulletin, you shouldn't have much difficulty in running it. Pretty much everything you need to do for Administering a basic forum is in the Admin Control Panel, and most of the options have Help Tips that explain exactly what they mean.

Even if you do get stuck, you can always open a support ticket here or post on the Troubleshooting forum. Someone will normally be able to help you out

Comment

Originally posted by talk2me View Post
      I can't post anywhere else but here so please excuse me (if the post gets moved let me know where)

I wante to purchase Vbulleting and I've been reading up on PHP and MySQL (some what complicated). Furthermore, a lot of people have told me that vB is self explanitory and simple to add to your domain or upload to your server. Can someone confirm it? If I wanted to put banners and etc. how difficult would all this be? In general what is the difficulties of running vB. As far as uploading and etc.

Please elaborate.

Thanks

PS I know HTML, I've used dreamweaver and etc. but it seems with PHP and MySQL I can not use the follow programs. I just want a brief explanation answering my questions and concerns.

Moreover, I want to avoid purchasing vB and getting "stuck" in it.

Thanks in advance
      Hi

I've ran vbulletin for over 4 years and never had a problem, and still do not know php or mysql.

The support is superb, it is in my view the best forum around, bar none. Well worth every penny of the license fee.

Comment

Need Help !

I just want to know that if im buying VB then it ships with DATABASE n all n i dont have to create or link any data base for new FORUM??

Thanks in Advance !!

Comment

You need to make a database and a username and password for it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X