X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restrict pictures?

Hi
    Is there an option to prevent people from posting images in to their posts?

I don't want anyone to post an image or link to an image in another website.

THanks.

Also, is there a way to disable the CAPTCHA in the search part of this program? Your program is excellent but I can't tell you how annoying that is to constantly enter the image code just for a search.

You can disable the img bbcode completely and only allow attachments, or you do not need to allow attachments either.

Its only for guests, but its possible to have it disabled.

Comment

sorry - don't understand.

You mean I need to go into the code itself and disable the ability to post images? or that I need to go into the control panel to select an option to not allow images? I used the demo online and couldn't find where to do this if that is the case (entering 0 only disables the max number of images).

Thanks

Comment

You'd need to disable the bbcode under the bbcode settings, and disable attachments, both are possible witout the need for any code edits.

Comment

ok, so I go into the administrators back end, and go to ?images?, or something - I just can't find how out because there is no option that says 'click to restrict images'.

Maybe we are talking the same thing but terminology is different?

Comment

The image tag permission is set on a per forum basis.

Admin CP ---> Forums & Moderators ---> Forum Manager ---> Edit Forum ---> Allow [IMG] Code ---> No

There are 2 methods to control attachment usage:

Attachment privileges are administered on a per usergroup basis in Usergroups ----> Usergroup Manager ---> Edit Usergroup. Here you can deny permission to upload any attachment.

File Types and permissions for uploading are administered in Attachments ---> Attachment Manager.

Captcha settings are found in vBulletin Options ----> Human Verification Manager. Logged in members shouldn't be getting an image verification messages for search. I've found the Question & Answer Verification method works the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiley View Post
              ok, so I go into the administrators back end, and go to ?images?, or something - I just can't find how out because there is no option that says 'click to restrict images'.

Maybe we are talking the same thing but terminology is different?
              To get vB support on these forums you first need to be a licensed customer and register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please go here:

http://members.vbulletin.com/membersupport_priority.php

...and enter your email address in one of the boxes. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access the page.

Once you've done this, please post in the appropriate support forum for your version.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X