X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please explain what I need to do

HI Ladies and Gentlemen.

I am looking to open my own forum
    I have a lot of experience as a Moderator and as a Co-Admin on a few other V-Bull forums, and I love the layouts and simplicity and reliability.

Now, I've never had to actually BUY or set up my own forum with V-Bull before, so I'm not sure where to start.

Do I need to go to a site such as GoDaddy and register the website address I wish to use? Do I need to purchase anything other then the cost for V-Bull [the $100 or $180 options] Do I need to do anything other then pay the cost of the V-Bull? What happens after I pay this cost?

As you can see, I'm very lost as to what happens from this side of things. It's a lot different then walking into an already established site and becoming a co-Admin.

Please, in very simple layman's terms, can you tell me step by step what i need to do, where I need to go, what happens and any extra costs aside from V-Bull cost

You will need webhosting and a domain name. vBulletin requires a web server that includes PHP (minimum version 4.3.3) and MySQL (minimum 4.0.16) installed. As long as you choose a host that meets these requirements you will be able to install and run our software.

You can purchase the domain name at the same time you contract hosting. Most credible hosts now support both PHP and MySQL, and can run our software. We do not make official recommendations, but we do have a hosting review forum here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11

You can also look at http://www.webhostingtalk.com, an independent review site. Sometimes you will find hosting specials there that aren't available elsewhere on the web.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X