User info available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User info available?

Considering purchasing vBulletin for a local travel group and would like to utilize a "real name" policy to prevent or at least deter anonymous spam/flamers.

I assume that beyond the honor system which would certainly work for most, that there are various client variables stored for each user-- such as IP address and so forth? Is there any info re. this subject in the vBulletin admin documentation?

Thanks much.

Dan

IP addresses are stored against user info, yes. Or at least they were in previous versions.

There are a variety of ways to keep membership available to only those you wish. You could pre-register all members and close registration, require admin validation of users so that you have control over who becomes a registered user, aswell as various other security measures.

I suggest you take a look at the demo and see for yourself.

http://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo.php

Comment

this system is password based... and the passwords are keyphrased before they are encrypted... so if someone is able to steal that password and steal someone's identity to connect into your system, i give him a cake for supper...

and a simple way to block the forum to be viewable by non-located visitors is by activating admin-authorisation on registration... and close guests to view the forum...
      oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X