• Show
Clear All

• Colin F
    replied
    The ad templates are in since 3.7.

Leave a comment:

• turbe
    replied
    How long has the built in Ad support been available (<3.7)?

Leave a comment:

• Hayk
    replied
    Originally posted by Len Backus View Post
    I can't find reference to "ad location template" in the documentation. Where is it found, please and is that the correct term?
    Go to Admin CP > Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Edit Templates > Ad Location Templates. Place ad code in appropriate template under it.

Originally posted by Len Backus View Post
    Can you place an ad to appear only in a specific sub-forum?
    No, with default vB ad locations you can't do it. To do it, you would need custom modification

Leave a comment:

• Len Backus
    replied
    I can't find reference to "ad location template" in the documentation. Where is it found, please and is that the correct term?

Can you place an ad to appear only in a specific sub-forum?

Leave a comment:

• Mike Vollmer
    replied
    Originally posted by Ryan Ashbrook View Post
    Has everyone forgotten about the Ad Location templates?

vBulletin has built-in templates which will display your ads, without needing to add plugins or modify additional templates.
    Unfortunately they only display ads that are horizontal across the screen. They do not accommodate ads inside posts or in the margins.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan Ashbrook
    replied
    Has everyone forgotten about the Ad Location templates?

vBulletin has built-in templates which will display your ads, without needing to add plugins or modify additional templates.

Leave a comment:

• Sm1th146
    replied
    Thanks for both of your replies. You guys answered my question better than what I expected. I appreciate that.

Leave a comment:

• liselottedwt
    replied
    Or visit vbulletin.org and search for any Ad Manager plugin. Its easier if you don't know template editing

Leave a comment:

• Mr_Butter
    replied
    vBulletin is made in such a way so that you rarely have to edit the actual PHP files (i.e. the source files). In fact, by editing the files you waive your right to support (but of course if you upload all the original files you can get it back )

Anyways, this is easily done by editing what we call templates. There are hundreds of templates in vBulletin. Each style (or 'skin') has its own set of templates (and child styles inherit teh templates from parent styles). Point is that you can have different templates for every style. For example on one style you may want to place the ads in a different location than for other styles.

Anyways, placing advertisements is a piece of cake. Just edit the template you want (such as FORUMDISPLAY or FORUMHOME) and place the html code where you think is appropriate. It also comes with loads of comments in the templates to tell you what is happening within it (for example, when the site starts displaying the forums so you know that placing code above it will go above the forum list).

If you do something wrong it's extremely easy to just remove the code and try placing it somewhere else.

You can try to experiment with this before purchasing it by setting up a demo account here: http://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo.php

Leave a comment:

• Sm1th146
    started a topic Placing Ads on vBulletin

Placing Ads on vBulletin

Say I was looking to use something such as Google AdSense. It is possible to insert ads directly above or below the forum right? At the same time, even when members look through threads the ads will stay in the same location as well? As I believe the answer to the question is a yes, (not sure though) how do you do that with vBulletin? By editing the code yourself or is there a feature to help you out with?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X