Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

null 3.6.8 to licensed 3.6.8 can it be done?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • null 3.6.8 to licensed 3.6.8 can it be done?

    hello
    i have a friend who is useing just for test to see how it runing a 3.6.8 null ver but he now want to buy a licensed 3.6.8 to make is null ligit ,can he do it just to buy a licensed 3.6.8 and keep is forum as it is?without changing nothing ? i must tell you he didnot no that it is a null ver he buy it from some seller!!and found out later it null!!

  • #2
    Its easy to get vBulletin nulled software. Why vbulletin dont make the software available for download and have the license/software run out after say 30 days or so i dont know. If they wanted to continue to use the software they could just pay for full vbulletin software and licenses. It would stop all the nulls being made i think. If theres a 30 day trial kind of offer people wouldnt turn to nulled software in the first place i think.
    Web Hosting Forum | Fastest Hosting | Backup Storage

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by djpassion View Post
      Its easy to get vBulletin nulled software. Why vbulletin dont make the software available for download and have the license/software run out after say 30 days or so i dont know. If they wanted to continue to use the software they could just pay for full vbulletin software and licenses. It would stop all the nulls being made i think. If theres a 30 day trial kind of offer people wouldnt turn to nulled software in the first place i think.
      Because they would have to support hundreds and thousands of users and earn nothing out of it. The only way I see this working is doing something like kayako, where it automatically sets up the system for you on their servers and automatically deletes after 7 days. Theres no reason for a 30 day trial - that's insaine.

      The main reason you dont even need any trials is because Jelsoft already provide you with a backend admincp trial and you can "trial" the front end here .

      To answer the original post, yes you can convert from a null to original by simply uploading the licensed files. I do recommend you upgrade to 3.6.10 or 3.7.2 as they are the most stable versions of each branch .

      Nulled software may have backdoors that can cause major problems such as your forum being exploited/hacked or personal data grabbed from the db which is why it's unwise to run nulled software.

      Comment


      • #4
        switch from nulled to "official" is simple... you just have to buy your license and you will be provided with a new verified script...you just have to upload the new files over the old ones, and they will be overwritten... then you simply upgrade via the basic upgrade process to make sure your version and database is up to date... no need to start over... you keep your data etc...
        oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

        Comment


        • #5
          well tbh i think vb dont mind about null...coz in the end they know theyll go ligit anyway lol

          just having a quick google i see about 30 nulled sites that have the latest version of vbulletin lol...i mean cmon. same ones never get taken down. anyway. whatever.... i dont care. my vb forums ligit and has been for well over 2yrs. though i must admit if i knew about nulled software back then i most likely would have tried it myself. i hate buying scripts to find out they not exactly what you wanted and cant get a refund...hence why many use nulled scripts. test the script on externall hdd using xampp. installing on live host is asking for it coz its detectable lol. i would just prefer to have a full working demo on my own host rather than go through the rigma roll of switching from null to legit heh.

          Anyway, vBulletin rocks. glad i didnt go with IBP, phpBB and all the rest of em.
          Web Hosting Forum | Fastest Hosting | Backup Storage

          Comment


          • #6
            It would also be prudent to run "Suspect File Versions" after overwriting, just in case the nulled version left any other goodies behind.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Kinneas View Post
              It would also be prudent to run "Suspect File Versions" after overwriting, just in case the nulled version left any other goodies behind.
              Yes thats another thing.
              Web Hosting Forum | Fastest Hosting | Backup Storage

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by djpassion View Post
                Its easy to get vBulletin nulled software. Why vbulletin dont make the software available for download and have the license/software run out after say 30 days or so i dont know. If they wanted to continue to use the software they could just pay for full vbulletin software and licenses. It would stop all the nulls being made i think. If theres a 30 day trial kind of offer people wouldnt turn to nulled software in the first place i think.
                Because the source code is visible. It would be too easy for people to remove the limitations from the software.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by djpassion View Post
                  well tbh i think vb dont mind about null...coz in the end they know theyll go ligit anyway lol
                  Do you write your own jokes?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Abhi9 View Post
                    Because the source code is visible. It would be too easy for people to remove the limitations from the software.
                    Ok.
                    Web Hosting Forum | Fastest Hosting | Backup Storage

                    Comment

                    widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X