Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ThorstenA
    replied
    There are also (inofficial and not supported) vbulletin products available on vbulletin.org where you can add a sidebar to the left or right as you wish. You'll be happy with vbulletin for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Andy Huang
    replied
    There's no tutorial available for that, unfortunately. However, it shouldn't be overtly complicated if you know basic HTML. All you need to do is place your header html (everything until body container open tag) in header, and footer html (everything after body container close tag) in footer template, and it should fall right in place. Remove things like <html> <head> and <body> and what not as they're generated in the all capital templates (IE: FORUMHOME, FORUMDISPLAY etc.). It's really quite straight forward

Leave a comment:

• SNN
    replied
    You can only do this with the vBulletin style editor. You can trial vBulletin (24 hour admin demo) at http://vBulletin.com/admindemo.php

Leave a comment:

• Zorinea
    replied
    Sounds good to me. Is there a tutorial you can point me to?

Leave a comment:

• Andy Huang
    replied
    I don't believe there is a single forum software that works well in frames / iframes. This is because you cannot set cookies properly in such a deployment. However, why must you constraint yourself in a frame / iframe? You can very simply edit the header and footer templates to integrate your style right into your vBulletin page design, so you don't need to use them nasty frames.

Leave a comment:

• Zorinea
    started a topic Will vBulletin be better than SMF? +iframe

Will vBulletin be better than SMF? +iframe

How well does vBulletin fit into an iframe? I got SMF as a test to put into soon to be the site for Adventure Road. I have tried to make it fit but it doesn't work very well.

So, from vBulletin, I am looking for something can be made small and the sides need to be transparent. I already have one copy of vBulletin so if you have the link to a .org mod, please send it.

Basically, I need it to fit in the area better than it is now:

http://www.adventureroad.org/forums.html
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X