X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Display ad before post

Hi
    Is there a mod somewhere where an advertisement can be displayed before the user posts in a thread?

Or where an ad pops up when changing between threads?

I'm not sure I am making this clear, but it would be like say CBS Marketwatch.com, where you click on a link and before you get to that page an ad pops up - you can then read the ad or click a link to be directed to the page.

If any one can help with this - I would like to find such a mod, and more importantly, one where I can place it throughout the site.

Thanks

Yes there was one at vB.org I think erated did it (free web design) but it works like a full screen ad, you put code in the admincp and then when you click a new thread or when you do ANYTHING it redirects to the add page with a skip button and then to the page you want and you can turn the skip of and change the delay of redirection.. I cant remember the link though

Comment

Hi
      Thanks - I have searched using various terms and cannot find that.

I will have to contact erated - are you sure it was them?

They seem more like a design company than programmers.

Comment

I may be able to find it and/or do this for you. I may release to OS at vB.org

Email me [email protected]
        without -

Comment

Hi - thanks

Here is what may help

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...ghlight=banner

This is the sponsor ad mod at vb.org
          Maybe this is a less intrusive way for people to see the ads?

The add-on to this would be to have the ad appear when the user clicks on a forum - say for 2 seconds then go to the forum page.

There is another mod which displays the ad in the middle of the posts - which is here . . . I think it is post bit. Does that work?

But if you can find the post that would help to see how it works,
          thanks.

Comment

This is the Pre-sales forum. Please do not give support here.

To get vB support on these forums you first need to be a licensed customer and register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please go here:

http://members.vbulletin.com/membersupport_priority.php

...and enter your email address in one of the boxes. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access the page.

Once you've done this, please post in the appropriate support forum for your version.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Sorry about that.

Comment