Licence Number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Licence Number

Well I own a forum and since Im not smart on stuff like ftp and installation I let a friend do it and he has a copy of my vb file but now he and I got into a argument and now hes threatening to distribute my vb fiile on a warez siteand my licence number is in it so what can I do about this?

I am fool I guess....

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about this now. It is your responsibility to protect your info and files.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

well he only has the licence number not my personal info....

so can't just change the number?

Comment

Originally posted by Sakai Ray View Post
        well he only has the licence number not my personal info....

so can't just change the number?
        Your License number being available to others really shouldn't be of much concern..if they had your customer number, that is when I would actually begin to worry.

They can't install the software without your customer number, or without changing pieces of the code.

Comment

I have all my customer info and such Im just scared they use my licence to run another forum x.x

Comment

Having the license number alone doesn't allow him to do anything.
            If he has your licensed file, or customer account info, or ftp/ssh/telnet/etc. login (at one point, so he may have downloaded your licensed file) then that's a different story.

And as mentioned, there's nothing you can do if he's got your files... we explicitly stated very clearly in the license agreement that it is your job to protect your license information. So if you shared it, and then it is used for anything against the license agreement, we can and will revoke your license because it is a license violation.
            Best Regards,
            Andy Huang

Comment

Well he don't got customer info and such just removed him from ftp access so as long as he doesn't get hold of my customer # it is safe? o.o

Comment

No. Once he has your files there is nothing you can do.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X