Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto-registration, pricing, etc

Hi,

I work for a software company, we want to provide our registered users with a forum for beta testing products as well as chatter between them.

The trick here is that these users are already registered. What we want is to let these people press a button in their profile that creates an account for them in the forum (instead of the usual registration process). Can this be done, and how difficult would this be? (very important to us)

Further more, on the pricing page, I can look at the price in dollars, which is $180, or in euros, which is E 144, the latter being over $220. Where does the $40 difference come from? (we're European, so we'd like to pay in euros).

Thanks!

Integrating vBulletin with a non-vB member system would require a rather extensive modification of the code. Of course, we cannot provide official support for code modifications. What most people do is modify their current system to use the vB member system.

Either way the place for help with this would be over at the mod site: http://www.vbulletin.org

Once you register you can post in the Pre-Sales forum there.

Feel free to take advantage of the lower price if you want. We try to update this as frequently as we can but this is very difficult to do with real world currency changes.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ok thanks for the info so far.

I can see how doing it like that may be difficult. Hmm. Eventually we want other people to be able to sign up as well, but at the start we just want to use the board for discussion of our semi-public beta releases (which are only available to registered users). Maybe we could just let everybody make an account normally, and somehow automate something that adds certain accounts to the beta group automatically and then they get access to the beta subforums. Would that be a better/easier solution? (you'd only need a button on our 'normal' registered logged in user site and a box where he enters his username... some php and sql et voila, I'd say - or am I thinking too simple?)

Either way, if you cannot answer that I'll move it to .org.

Thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X