Phpbb To VBulletin Convertion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phpbb To VBulletin Convertion

is it possible to convert members and posts to VBulletin if not posts at least members? let me know cause I have a board with a buncha members and posts but I wanted to change to VB.

Thanks,
    Garrett

Yes, there is a tool called Impex which can be downloaded to convert a phpBB forum to a vBulletin forum while retaining things like posts and members.
    DS Ultimate- A Nintendo DS Forum

My Blog (Nintendo, vBulletin and other articles)

My Profile and Modifications at vBulletin.org

Comment

I actually just did a Phpbb3 to Vb 3.7 conversion less than a week ago. I had a database of about 600MB. I lost only 111 users out of over 11K, but what hurt the most was forums. I lose nearly a 3rd of them, but kept all the threads and posts from the ones that stayed.

I'm not sure if it affects the forums number, but maybe deleting the default forum BEFORE the import (I did it after) will help save them. Then again, for a smaller forum, you might not have any errors. Lemme know some of your forum stats (posts, members), ect and I can tell you what to expect or if you need help on anything.

Comment

Chris, you shouldn't have lost that. Did you run a test?

I imported 6000 users, 2 mill posts and 40000 threads, and lost nothing.

Comment

Are you sure your lost userS? Or did your count just go down?

Comment

There should be no forum(s) loss at all, and if there is contact me in the ImpEx forum and I'll deal with that.
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X