X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not an IT geek and want to open up a forum,

I want to open up a forum, I need to know where to start,

Server space and hosting i can do though an ISP i know,

My question is, Do you have to know how to programe to use Vbulletin, When you buy it and install it, What next? Cant i just pay somone to set eveyrthing up then i manage it, Is this possible,

I ma newbie with no clue,

You do not need to know much in order to setup a vBulletin forum, just how to configure it. (you can get support in the appropriate forums when you're licensed)
    When you finish installing it, you can begin on your forum.
    Yeah, you can. You can request a paid service (as a customer) over at www.vBulletin.org

Comment

Originally posted by SNN View Post
      You do not need to know much in order to setup a vBulletin forum, just how to configure it. (you can get support in the appropriate forums when you're licensed)
      When you finish installing it, you can begin on your forum.
      Yeah, you can. You can request a paid service (as a customer) over at www.vBulletin.org

So i get the IT dude to install it on his server right, Do i install it on my home PC too, Then have like a portal to the server, As soon as i know i could do it il buy it,

I just dont want to invest in it then relize i have no clue what im doin,

Comment

vBulletin is installed on your server and then accessed through a web browser by going to your website.

The installation process is usually straightforward, but if you would prefer for a member of our team to perform the installation for you we offer a professional installation service which costs $150 USD in addition to the cost of your license.

I recommend that you have a look at our manual:
        http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html

You should also have a look at our admin demo where you can try out a demo of vBulletin for 24 hours:
        http://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo.php
        Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry-Anne View Post
          vBulletin is installed on your server and then accessed through a web browser by going to your website.

The installation process is usually straightforward, but if you would prefer for a member of our team to perform the installation for you we offer a professional installation service which costs $150 USD in addition to the cost of your license.

I recommend that you have a look at our manual:
          http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html

You should also have a look at our admin demo where you can try out a demo of vBulletin for 24 hours:
          http://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo.php
          Im gonna use a sever at a datacenter, Can yous still install it for me,

Comment

Yes, we install it on your server - it doesn't matter what type of server it is or where it is located. (I'm in the UK and my server is in a datacenter in Texas)
            Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

Installation and initial configuration are easy enough and should be done once basically.
              If you know how to use FTP and such, then you probably can do it yourself. If not, then you can get "IT guy" or pay for installation service.

There is nothing needed to be installed on your own PC -- just the browser and internet, then you can go to your forum and manage it from any PC.

Installation needs to be done once, but you have to manage your forum all the time.
              I would suggest for you to try the demo first as mentioned above. This way you can find out if you can manage your forum or not.

Comment

I'd certainly recommend you have a go at installing it yourself, the guys here in the support forums can be very helpful if you have any issues and the manual explains the process.

Anyway, vBulletin is easy to use once you've gotten used to where things are .
                - TomJames

Comment

OK , i think getting a professional to install it is the way to go , Thanks mate,

Comment

Trust me, don't get a professional to install it for you. It's incredibly simple and takes about 7-10 minutes to do the install. It costs $150 to install it, and paying $20 wouldn't even be worth it. You should be able to do it on your own.

Comment

I recommend professional installation service if price is no issue. I would also ask for setting up your forum.

(this is my 1.000 post )

Comment

The longest part of installing vbulletin is uploading the files to the server, seriously, it takes a matter of minutes to configure config.php and the install script just the same amount of time, it's really not worth $150. No matter how you look at it.

Maybe i should start offering installations, and charge people ONLY! $120, Saving you a whopping $30!!!!
                        Xbox Fan-site: www.XboxCommunity.net

Xbox 360 Achievements: www.x360achievements.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X