Import from Forum to Blog.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import from Forum to Blog.

We're getting the vBulletin Blog for our site (it's a definite) however, right now we have a forum set up as a "Journal" forum where users can post threads, and then reply to those threads as if they were Journal entries.

You can view that forum here: http://forums.ffcrystalcosmo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22

Now, my question is (and I probably know the answer) does ImpEx support importing from a set up like this to the vBulletin Blog? Or am I gonna have to take the non-lazy way and go through the DB and do it myself?
    Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

No, vB and impex do not support flagging a thread as a blog, or a blog entry as a thread .. sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
      No, vB and impex do not support flagging a thread as a blog, or a blog entry as a thread .. sorry.
      That's fine, thanks for responding, I'm more than capable of doing the conversions myself, I'm just lazy.
      Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

Actually... ImpEX does support importing a vBulletin Forum into the vBulletin Blogs.

vBulletin Forum 2 Blog
        Tier = 2

Source version support in ImpEx = 3.6.8
        • Import blog user
        • Import blog category
        • Import blog
        • Import blog text
        http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_module_dump

However it imports the entire set of forums. You would have to copy your database and trim it to the specific forums that you want to convert over.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks Wayne, I didn't find it and wasn't aware of it. Good catch! Apologies to Ryan

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X