A few questions about difficulties...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few questions about difficulties...

Okay, I know vB is the best out there, but I've been hearing thing about hidden costs and such... I'm not sure. But I'd like to know. So...

1. Does vB offer the webspace to its clients?
    On Freeforums, you get it 100% free. But here... do you have to buy your own web space to get vB to work for you?

2. What other, additional costs, are there to getting a vB forum?
    Ties in with 1. Is there anything that one should have to worry about paying for beyond the original $180+$60/year?

3. How user-friendly is vB?
    I mean, how easy is it to do what you want to do? Some people are really no programming whizzes, is vB something they should stay away from? How easy is it to accidentally feed a vB forum a code that will break the system?

Just 3 simple worries, as a forum I am a dedicated member of will soon be upgrading (RealMTG, if you must know), and I care about what happens to the site, as the Admin is not the best on the computer.
    Last edited by Ihsan's Knife; Sat 21 Jun '08, 1:45pm.

1. Does vB offer the webspace to its clients?
    you have to get your own domain and webspace
    2. What other, additional costs, are there to getting a vB forum?

the 180 is all then after a year you have the option to pay the 60 if you want access to the upgrades and that is it there is no other hidden cost..

3. How user-friendly is vB?

its very easy i didnt know very much when i bought my vb.. it was very easy to setup and i even merged my old forum with my vb .. if you have a question and you need to ask a question the staff here is very helpful and pretty quick to answer your questions.

Comment

Okay... the 1st was mostly what I was worrying about. But then I heard about all this stuff on MTGS... got me wondering, which led to the 3rd question. Okay, thanks.

Comment

youre welcome

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X