Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Different buttons in different forums...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different buttons in different forums...

Hi again,

I'll buy vBulletin for sure but the more I learn about it the more ideas on what can be achieved come to my mind, and so do questions.

For my project, it'll be great if I could have different buttons for different forums, as it can be seen here:

"new thread" button:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

"new article" button:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=187

Can this be achieved with the default vBulletin version ? In case it can't, what mod is this?

Thanks for your patience

Alfredo

The easiest way to do this is to assign a style to the custom folders and overwrite the button graphics.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      The easiest way to do this is to assign a style to the custom folders and overwrite the button graphics.
      I think that answer was rather too complicated for someone that has never used vBulletin in the past (or so I guess). What Wayne Luke suggests, is that you can copy the exact same template in Styles & Manager page and afterwards create a totally new folder with different images.

Say your default template is located at /images/

Well, you can create a new folder and call it /images/yournamehere and afterwards go in that freshly copied template and go to StyleVars and set the Button images folder to /images/yournamehere and have a new image for newthread.gif but leave the image file name to newthread.gif, just that the image is different.

When creating a forum, you will have the choice to 'force' a template on that new forum and when users will access that specific forum, they will be shown that 'new' template and your newthread.gif image will show something different than 'New thread', if you create that one image, obviously.

All of that can easily be done within the AdminCP, which is (to me, at least) really user-friendly; however, understanding that you have never used vBulletin in the past (I assume you haven't, again), I will be more than happy to assist you. Just PM me.

Comment

The reason the answer was like it was is because this is a pre-sales as opposed to a support forum. After purchase he could have asked for specific instructions on how to accomplish this.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
          The reason the answer was like it was is because this is a pre-sales as opposed to a support forum. After purchase he could have asked for specific instructions on how to accomplish this.
          Save the hassle!

Comment

Originally posted by MadK View Post
            Save the hassle!
            We do not provide support to users who are not yet customers, period.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X