Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allowing members of one forum to access other Forums

Hi,

I own several v bulletin forums and software licenses. Each forum is on it's own domain www.powerboat.ie www.carclub.ie etc.

Is it possible to merge the membership data bases so that members of the carclub can now access the boat club forums and vice versa by just using a single username and password.

My boat club is very successful, but my car club is very slow to get off the ground.

If I suddenly gave all of my boat club members membership of the car club with their existing boat club username and password by exporting their membership database, it might kick start the car club?

The hardest part of setting up forums is persuading the first 500 to join an empty forum !!

Kind regards,

Stuart
    www.powerboat.ie
    www.powerboat.ie/forums
    www.sailingclub.ie/forums
    www.carclub.ie/forums
    Irish Business Forums

This would require extensive modification of the code at this time. There was an addon for an older version of vBulletin but I am not sure if it is maintained or not. You could check at www.vbulletin.org.

However please note that each site still would require its own license.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Hi Wayne,

Each site and forum already has its own individual V Bulletin license and domain name.

I just wondered if I could simply export a membership data base from one forum to another.

In other words woud it be a simple matter technically for me to export all (2,000) of the members of my boating forum into my empty car forum.

Kind regards,

stuart
      www.powerboat.ie/forums
      www.sailingclub.ie/forums
      www.carclub.ie/forums
      Irish Business Forums

Comment

You can use Impex to import from one installation to another but it is a one-time thing. It wouldn't sychronize registrations across different forums.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

The only way of doing this an maintaining it would be to link the databases for each forum.

Not an easy task

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X