IPB to VB conversion problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPB to VB conversion problem

Now, I was considering purchasing VB to replace my current IPB board, but I ran into a bit of a problem. A website I visit, pretty often, recently converted. Everything seemed to be going pretty smoothly, there was a few glitches such as duplicate posts, and the password changing, but I saw those as very minor problems, and looked over that.

Here's my problem. One member's topics, which was about 15,000, did not transfer correctly. All of his posts transfered over with the word "Enjoy" and did not contain any other information inside of it. He backed up the IPB forum, and voulenteers of the website are working tirelessly to transfer the information from the old forum, to the new one.

I don't want to go through this problem, Is there any way to avoid this situation, or if it happens, is there a quick fix?

It's impossible to know why those didn't import unless that license owner fills out a support ticket. Even then it may be too late.

I can say that this is definitely not the norm.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Do you happen to have a link to that forum?
      So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

i had a bunch of problems.

took me over 3 days of near straight working on it at which point i took 2 million lines of sql code and edited it by hand.

this was 2 years ago though, so new versions might be better.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=188141
        Last edited by briansol; Fri 13 Jun '08, 8:45am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X