X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vtec44
    replied
    Originally posted by Ingenious View Post
    You just need post some clear messages up before the change to inform users to make sure their email address is up to date etc. so they can password reset.
    I made a conditional template with a link for people to reset their password. That worked pretty well for us.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=274424

Originally posted by ikillbill View Post
    Hi
    can IPB(invision power board) 's members be FULLY converted as well now?
    I knew that all IPB members's password can NOT be converted and they have to *Re-Set Manually*, which iis impossible for us to do so

want to ask for updates here then

cheers
    Why is it impossiable ?

Leave a comment:

• Ingenious
    replied
    Even if users have to reset their passwords I would not let this stop you. I migrated from IPB to VBulletin and am very glad I did. Your members should be understanding of a small inconvenience if it means a better site. Mine went through all this AND a server move. You just need post some clear messages up before the change to inform users to make sure their email address is up to date etc. so they can password reset.

From a security point of view, changing passwords from time to time is not a bad thing anyway!

Leave a comment:

• Vtec44
    replied
    Originally posted by ikillbill View Post
    Hi
    I knew that all IPB members's password can NOT be converted and they have to *Re-Set Manually*, which iis impossible for us to do so

cheers

Your users just need to request a password reset, and the forum will send them a temp password to sign on. I converted a forum a few users ago, and my users all had to do that.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I am not aware of any solution to this. You can try asking over at www.vbulletin.org.

Leave a comment:

• ikillbill
    replied
    so, we are 100% screwed then
    we have 50K members stucked there

any 3rd module you can PM me as a off-record suggestion?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    No sorry, passwords cannot be imported.

Leave a comment:

• ikillbill
    started a topic IPB->VBB members' password issue

IPB->VBB members' password issue

Hi

cheers
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X