phpBB Compatible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phpBB Compatible?

Before Purchasing vBulletin, I am wondering if I can import my Forum that currently runs on phpBB?

Specifically, this Forum- www.webbies4ever.com

(Just In Case it Makes a Difference, we Currently are Running on a free phpBB forum from forumotion (www.forumotion.com) that we have purchased our own domain name for)

Thanks In Advance for Your Reply!

We are looking forward to Purchasing vBulletin!

That depends in which version of phpBB they are running, if there are any major modifications, and most importantly whether or not they will provide you with a backup of the database.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

phpbb3
      with forumotion.com, so you can check for major mods, if you'd like.
      and i believe they do have backups.

Comment

My Administrator Panel Tells me our Forum is Running on phpBB3.

So does this mean our forum is Compatible with vBulletin?

Comment

Yes, there is an importer for phpBB3.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I hate to break it to you, but free forum providers such as forum-motion.com don't let you export or backup your sql database, which means you'll be unable to transfer to vBulletin. I'd highly recommend getting away from free forums asap (you will need to start over ) but its better than building the site any more on a forum which you really have almost no say over.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X