Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hosting Questions

Hello VBulletin Community,
    I'm very interested in purchasing a vBulletin license, but unsure of what to use for hosting. I've managed different boards (phpbb2, phpbb3, ikonboard, smf, etc) and have found them all to be filled with annoying bugs and mysql issues.

Are there any recommendations for web hosts that have the ability to run vBulletin without server-side problems? I've used Yahoo in the past and have had just an awful time sorting through issues. Is vBulletin server intensive?

Any recommendations or tips would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Kevin

I havn't bought a host yet, I bought vBulletin last night and tried to get my host last night but I only have a solo card.

I have done quite a bit of reaserch and found HawkHost and HostGator to have good reviews and cater for my needs. Do you know how much space and bandwidth you will be needing?

Comment

I'd like a host that can support a community of about 500 (at least that's my current goal). I've got about 50-60 on my current smf forum and I've had some bandwidth issues & instances where smf can't find the sql database of the host.

Thanks for the recommendations. I've heard HostGator is decent, so I might try them out.

Comment

Check out webhostingtalk.com - it gives great feedback and reviews to web hosting. It is not a spam type review site, it is by users for users.

Comment

webhostingtalk.com is a good place to find a host
          | http://foxpawhosting.com
          | http://darkaeongraphic.com
          |

Comment

Thanks for all the help everyone! I'm looking forward to purchasing a vBulletin in the near future once I do a little more research on reliable web hosts. Thanks again!

Comment

I just got HostGator last night. They have been pretty helpful and even helped me about things relating to vBulletin, not just my hosting account.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X