Before I buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before I buy?

I am considering buying vbulletin and wanted to try it out before I bought it. I would like to try but the new version 3.7.0, but the demo has not been updated. When will that be updated?

Sorry about the delay with this one... The developers need to have the old demo sessions expire first before they can upgrade it to the new version. As you may have noticed, the demo session cannot be created right now as we wait for the old ones to expire. When that happens, the developers will see about updating. This will hopefully be around 24 hours, after the standard ones are expired; and then they'll see about possibilities of upgrading the ones that were extended for adhoc purposes. I'll try to post back as soon as they're updated so you're aware of it.
    Best Regards,
    Andy Huang

Comment

Thank You very much

Comment

Personally, I wouldn't buy it. I have had nothing but problems with the vbulletin phone support staff. They are rude, don't know what they are talking about half the time, and are based in the UK.

I only say that last part because it seems like half the time you do business with a company that is in a country other than yours, they could give a crap less about you as a customer because they know you pretty much have no rights when it comes down to it.

I own 3 full licensed copies of vbulletin. Apparently, if you own 100 copies, you have to download the files listed under EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM or they will shut you down for piracy... even if you have a LINK to your site listed in your members area.

As if that wasn't good enough, don't even bother to alias one site to another as they are not technical enough to realize the site was aliased and not another copy of the forums located on another site.

Needless to say, this is the second time one or more of my sites have been shut down due to being trigger happy and only wanting your money instead of providing a quality service.

Either way... Good luck to you, I just wasted $500 on licenses.

Travis

Comment

Well if you think your 500$ are wasted then give me those 3 licences for free!

I do not agree with anything you said.. Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Huang View Post
            Sorry about the delay with this one... The developers need to have the old demo sessions expire first before they can upgrade it to the new version. As you may have noticed, the demo session cannot be created right now as we wait for the old ones to expire. When that happens, the developers will see about updating. This will hopefully be around 24 hours, after the standard ones are expired; and then they'll see about possibilities of upgrading the ones that were extended for adhoc purposes. I'll try to post back as soon as they're updated so you're aware of it.
            Andy,
            Can you please update us on this?
            I would like to create a demo 3.7.

Thanks.

Comment

There are still three demo sessions active right now which were extended on special requests. Developers are working on plans to see about upgrading the demo, but I don't know what are the plans are with those still active or if they're getting in the way.
              Best Regards,
              Andy Huang

Comment

WOW, you posted almost the same time as yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by DthStlkr13 View Post
                  Personally, I wouldn't buy it. I have had nothing but problems with the vbulletin phone support staff. They are rude, don't know what they are talking about half the time, and are based in the UK.

I only say that last part because it seems like half the time you do business with a company that is in a country other than yours, they could give a crap less about you as a customer because they know you pretty much have no rights when it comes down to it.

I own 3 full licensed copies of vbulletin. Apparently, if you own 100 copies, you have to download the files listed under EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM or they will shut you down for piracy... even if you have a LINK to your site listed in your members area.

As if that wasn't good enough, don't even bother to alias one site to another as they are not technical enough to realize the site was aliased and not another copy of the forums located on another site.

Needless to say, this is the second time one or more of my sites have been shut down due to being trigger happy and only wanting your money instead of providing a quality service.

Travis
                  I own 2 or 3 copies and help manage admin about 6 more - Been using VB for 6 or 7 years - Have never had any licensing issues or nasty emails. It is a pain that each copy of the software is coded to the licensee BUT when you are updating multiple copies that is only ONE more thing you need to keep separate between the sites. Its not that big of a deal.

There is almost always more to the story than what is posted on the web.

Sounds to me like you are simply unwilling to use the software in compliance with the EULA
                  http://www.TALONClub.com/forum
                  http://www.prowltalk.com
                  http://www.nloc.net
                  http://www.nhtoc.com

Comment

The demos are back online now
                    Best Regards,
                    Andy Huang

Comment

Thank You, I was wondering just as a question, where is the post edit history enable and disable control in the admin panel?

Comment

Originally posted by DthStlkr13 View Post

Travis
                        i personally see that as a small delay in your work. if you mind using Vbulletin so much. il give you 20$ for your licenses....... (ive enjoyed working with vbulletin software so much the past nearly month. i wouldnt mind having a few more licenses!!!)

the money part is a joke btw.... lol

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X