Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want something professional, yet easily customizable.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I want something professional, yet easily customizable.

    I have been looking around. vBulliten seems really cool and professional. But I have also been hearing that it is not as customizable as IP.Board.

    So which should I get? I want something that I can customize easily, but have it look professional. Please help me.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Zash View Post
    I have been looking around. vBulliten seems really cool and professional. But I have also been hearing that it is not as customizable as IP.Board.

    So which should I get? I want something that I can customize easily, but have it look professional. Please help me.
    You will get arguments on customization. VB is able to be customized. Pretty easily too. However in my experience with it....it's pretty simplistic with the skins/templates. It's really no coincidence that most people usually see more customized IPB forums that look generally nicer/fancier and that most VB boards all look about the same on the net. Some people argue you don't need that fancy of customization. To a small extent that is true. But that argument can also be a slight acknowledgement that VB IS limited in terms of customizing. At least skin-wise. And is a way around the subject. Although templates can be easily edited, I wouldn't expect amazing results.

    Templates/skins can be changed and adjusted. But don't expect any fancy results or skins like IPB. IPB has a larger learning curve in terms of template changes but seem to yield much better rewards. Some of the bigger updates can cause problems too with IPB's templates that get changed. But depending on the types of customizing, the same can be said about VBulletin or any forum software after a big update.

    Feature wise, the sky is the limit though and is MUCH easier to customize than IPB. However I have a feeling that will change with IPB 3.0 coming. But for the time being and at the moment, VB is much nicer in terms of feature customization.

    You will only get a pretty one-sided argument here. I would suggest asking at a site that won't be so pro-VB or pro-IPB.

    Comment


    • #3
      I believe Vb is very customizable.. check this one out... http://www.epiguide.com

      You really have to look to tell that this is a vB board.. I love what the owner of this board has done.. I give the credit to Kira(Admin) I have talked to her and she explained to me how much effort it took..

      The best looking vBforum I've seen to date, and it works great!..

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Eric33 View Post
        I believe Vb is very customizable.. check this one out... http://www.epiguide.com

        You really have to look to tell that this is a vB board.. I love what the owner of this board has done.. I give the credit to Kira(Admin) I have talked to her and she explained to me how much effort it took..

        The best looking vBforum I've seen to date, and it works great!..
        Actually no you don't. I have seen most of those hacks on vb.org that give that site the look it has. It still has the same tabled layout/look as most all other vbulletin forums and same general layout. As well as forum layout. The only difference are the graphics. Take the graphics away and its the same ol' same ol'. IMO, that wasn't a good example.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by whitetigergrowl View Post
          Actually no you don't. I have seen most of those hacks on vb.org that give that site the look it has. It still has the same tabled layout/look as most all other vbulletin forums and same general layout. As well as forum layout. The only difference are the graphics. Take the graphics away and its the same ol' same ol'. IMO, that wasn't a good example.
          Eh... good example ot not, that site is exactly what I'm shooting for.. How much more custom do you want??..

          Guess this is the forum to not discuss customizations in, since it is pre-sale, so I'll end it here..

          Sorry mods

          Comment

          widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X