Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to extend owned license for more than one year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to extend owned license for more than one year?

Hello!
    I would like to renew my owned license for more than one year.
    I haven't seen this option in the members area.
    Is it possible to do so?
    Last edited by FatalBreeze; Mon 5 May '08, 8:18am.

Yes, but you will need to do this as separate renewal purchases. Each one will add a year to the expiry date.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

the LEASED licence is yearley

the OWNED licence is a LIFETIME licence.

if you have an OWNED (lifetime) licence all you are paying for after the first year is the download option for new versions. this is optional if you don't want or need to upgrade within that year then you don't need tp purchase the upgrade option. If vB comes out with an upgrade thats for SECURETY FIXES those are free.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Anime View Post
        the LEASED licence is yearley

the OWNED licence is a LIFETIME licence.

if you have an OWNED (lifetime) licence all you are paying for after the first year is the download option for new versions. this is optional if you don't want or need to upgrade within that year then you don't need tp purchase the upgrade option. If vB comes out with an upgrade thats for SECURETY FIXES those are free.
        Yes i know how it works, i'm not new here.
        I just wanted to extend my owned license for more than one year because the dollar is very weak currency at the moment, and the prices of the extension are going up by 33%! and i thought there might be another way of extending the license instead of filling the form twice.

Comment

I'll probably extend my licenses by 10-12 years before the end of the month for this very reason.
          Toddler from Hell

Comment

If you invested the money at a modest 3% interest rate, you would earn very close to the mark up on the renewal fee.

10 years x $30 (current renewal fee) = $300
            $300 x 3% (interest if invested) = approx $90 (Interested earned).
            $300 + $90 = $390

10 years x $40 (new renewal rate, extended within 12 months) = $400
            $400 = $390

If you were to buy 10 years in advance on your credit card, you would spend way more money in interest rates than you would save by renewing early.
            If you were to use the 10 years worth of renewal charges to pay down existing debt, then your savings will actually increase.
            Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion View Post
              I'll probably extend my licenses by 10-12 years before the end of the month for this very reason.
              lol. extend to 10-12 years in advance?
              I was thinking about 2 maybe 3 years... but 10? how do you know vbulletin will still exist until then (god forbid!)

Comment

Originally posted by FatalBreeze View Post
                lol. extend to 10-12 years in advance?
                I was thinking about 2 maybe 3 years... but 10? how do you know vbulletin will still exist until then (god forbid!)
                It's a gamble for sure, but I'm fairly certain vBulletin will remain for at least that long, even if eg. Jelsoft, Berkshire (England) or even IB may not.
                If I'm right, I will have saved several $100s in renewal fees, further increased prices and exchange rates.
                Toddler from Hell

Comment

lol, 10 years .. to save $10 that's not even a dollar a month more.

Comment

Actually, it can be as much as $30, and with a few licenses the amount racks up pretty fast.
                    Toddler from Hell

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X