No announcement yet.

I will buy if someone could answer....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will buy if someone could answer....

Hello Guys,

The issue is I am hosting on a shared host with 15TB bandwidth ect ect. The issue I have is if I am on a shared host. And I need to move all my files to a dedicated server.... Please dont tell me this means I have to pay for another liscense from VB.

I really want the software but I dont think I would be able to afford twice.... Sorry If I seem stupid.

Thanks

You can switch servers or domains as long as you are only running one copy of the software at a time.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Wow that was a fast response. One more question If I pay what version of VB will I get ?

And I ran the test script and I got these two errors. My host said they may not change these settings.... But I got an overall pass.

Failed: open_basedir HelpYou may experience problems with uploading files to vBulletin

Failed: magic_quotes_gpc should be off for optimal performance, ask your host to change this in php.ini

Is this mega serious? It was under the optional section...

Comment

Originally posted by liam lawson View Post
        Wow that was a fast response. One more question If I pay what version of VB will I get ?

And I ran the test script and I got these two errors. My host said they may not change these settings.... But I got an overall pass.

Failed: open_basedir HelpYou may experience problems with uploading files to vBulletin

Failed: magic_quotes_gpc should be off for optimal performance, ask your host to change this in php.ini

Is this mega serious? It was under the optional section...

you will see the prices here https://www.vbulletin.com/order/

the errors i don't know about sorry.

QuantityPriceInformation
        $160.00 each
        Bulk Prices
        LicensesCost Per1 - 2$160.003 - 5$148.006 - 10$136.0011 - 24$124.0025 - 49$114.0050+$106.00vBulletin (Owned License)
        The owned vBulletin Forum license allows you to run the software on your site indefinitely. Along with this license, you will receive one year of free updates. Beyond the first year, you will have to pay a nominal fee, currently $30, to obtain updates for an additional year.

This license includes free support via email and on the community forum. Phone Support is not included in the license price but may be purchased for an additional cost either at the time of initial purchase, or afterwards through the Members' Area.
        $85.00 each
        Bulk Prices
        LicensesCost Per1 - 2$85.003 - 5$79.006 - 10$73.0011 - 24$67.0025 - 49$62.0050+$56.00vBulletin (Leased License)
        The leased vBulletin Forum license allows you to use the software on your site for 1 year and gives you access to products updates for that year. After 1 year, you must renew your license or remove the software from your site.

This license includes free support via email and on the community forum. Phone Support is not included in the license price but may be purchased for an additional cost either at the time of initial purchase, or afterwards through the members' area.None1 month6 months12 months 1 month$60.006 months$180.0012 months$300.00vBulletin Phone Support
        Purchasing a phone support contract will provide you access to toll-free (US/Canada only) phone support from 9 - 5 PST (GMT -8), Monday to Friday during the length of your contract.

Note: This does not include server support. It is only for vBulletin issues. Also email and forum support is free to all customers.

Looking for vBulletin Project Tools or vBulletin Blog? You'll be able to add them to your cart on the next step!

taken from the sales page.

Comment

SO what if i have VB under example.com and that domain expires and I buy Iamatest.com would I have to get a new liscense....

As when I move to dedicated I will get a new domain and hosting...

Comment

SO what if i have VB under example.com and that domain expires and I buy Iamatest.com would I have to get a new liscense....

All you have to do is update the URL information inside of the members area.

Comment

To add to what King Kovifor said:

You only need to UPDATE your license (not buy a new one) when IT expires - regardless if your domain expires.
              If you get a leased license, you have to update it once a year to be able to use it and for upgrades.
              If you purchase a license, you can run it for as long as you want, but you have to pay a fee of $30 after the first year for updates, every year (optional).
              Regards,
              Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                To add to what King Kovifor said:

You only need to UPDATE your license (not buy a new one) when IT expires - regardless if your domain expires.
                If you get a leased license, you have to update it once a year to be able to use it and for upgrades.
                If you purchase a license, you can run it for as long as you want, but you have to pay a fee of $30 after the first year for updates, every year (optional).
                That is until June 2nd now. Then it will cost $40 in the first 60 days after expiration or $60 after that date.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X