Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confussed about my license

Hi,

My have an owned license which expired on the 21ST April 2008 and when I got the members area, I can still download vBulletin. Is this right?

Yes, with an owned license you will have access to the versions of vBulletin released while your license was active. You will not have access to new versions unless you first renew your license.
    Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry-Anne View Post
      Yes, with an owned license you will have access to the versions of vBulletin released while your license was active. You will not have access to new versions unless you first renew your license.
      So I would get 3.7.0 RC3 and lower until I renew my license?

Comment

You will not have access to unstable versions, which includes beta and RC versions. You can see what versions you have access in your members area.
        Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

So kerry if your licence expires you can still use the vBulletin versions that came out when you had a licence? I thought that wasn't allowed

Comment

Originally posted by ishansoni1 View Post
            So kerry if your licence expires you can still use the vBulletin versions that came out when you had a licence? I thought that wasn't allowed
            With owned licence yes, with leased licence you have to renew it to continue using it.
            - TomJames

Comment

Originally posted by DaveTomneyUK View Post
              So I would get 3.7.0 RC3 and lower until I renew my license?
              RC version and Beta versions may be removed after Gold comes out. While you are allowed to continue to use them, you will be unable to download them after they're removed. Please keep that in mind and keep backups if you are not intending to renew for a while

Originally posted by ishansoni1 View Post
              With Leased license, you MUST renew your lease or delete your forum.
              With Owned license, you can continue to use (and download) up to the version that was released when your download access expires.
              Best Regards,
              Andy Huang

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Huang View Post
                RC version and Beta versions may be removed after Gold comes out. While you are allowed to continue to use them, you will be unable to download them after they're removed. Please keep that in mind and keep backups if you are not intending to renew for a while
                Will be renewing within 1 month as money is a bit tight as I just made a new PC which cost over £1000.

Comment

Ah, congratulations on the powerful new rig... I remember the days when I built rigs myself too... Those can really set you back quite a bit financially, and only last you a year or two before you need to start all over again
                  Best Regards,
                  Andy Huang

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X