Question on upgrading from 3.0.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on upgrading from 3.0.3

I have a old database from 2004 and it was using VB 3.0.3 stuff, Do I need to install the VB php files 3.0.3 and then upgrade though each VB version to get to the newest patch?

like do i need to download 3.0.3 then 3.0.4 then 3.0.5 ~ 3.0.17 then upgrade to 3.5 then to 3.6?

how far can I go with this database?

You would download the latest versopm from the members area and the upgrade will take care of the needed changes.
    Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Just making sure you understand what i have a Back up from a 2004 database running 3.0.3 , I can upload the newest version and it will take care of the rest?

Comment

hmm I'm not sure about this, I don't think you can go directly from 3.0.3 to 3.7... I don't know, but it would be good to ask in "Support" http://members.vbulletin.com/

Good Luck!

Comment

I read through the manual and it "Says"
          You can upgrade to the latest version of vBulletin 3 from the following vBulletin versions:
          • Any previous version of vBulletin 3, from version 3.0.0 Beta 3 to the current version.
          • Any version of vBulletin 2 from version 2.2.9 and newer. If your vBulletin version is older than 2.2.9, you will need to upgrade to at least vBulletin 2.2.9 before you can upgrade to vBulletin 3.
          The upgrade process differs depending upon the version of vBulletin currently installed on your web server. Sites running vBulletin 2 will need to follow slightly different instructions from sites already running vBulletin 3 and upgrading to the latest version.
          Like I said I only want to upgrade to the Stable version. I dont want to pioneer the development.

Comment

Do a full backup of your current 3.0.3 just in case anything goes wrong

Comment

Well If your upgradeing from 3.0 its a breeze.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X