X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chazel
    replied
    That chart is a joke. Why would people pay for vBulletin if it was worse than phpBB.

Leave a comment:

• Jobe1986
    replied
    That entire chart is inaccurate for ALL the forums listed, they've said no for features SMF does have, same for IPB.

The only trust worthy charts of such comparison are unbiased third party comparisons, and sadly there isn't any that I know of. There is a comparison of forum software on wikipedia, but it doesn't go into any useful detail for making a decision as to which to use.

Leave a comment:

• Thomas P
    replied
    I'd say that is subjective experiences, but I'm not sure if the one or other has extensive experience with the competitor's product.

Leave a comment:

• Julian0924
    replied
    so, phpbb was lying just to make them seem better than vBulletin?

Leave a comment:

• Fusion
    replied
    Originally posted by Thomas P View Post
    Hmmm, didn't vB3 took ages to be released
    Define 'ages'

Leave a comment:

• Thomas P
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery View Post
    It did only take them 6~ (i think)years to get it out.
    Hmmm, didn't vB3 took ages to be released

Leave a comment:

• Jhonnyf
    replied
    When I buy a car, I do not see accessories; I see the engine

Accessories can be placed then if one wants

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    It did only take them 6~ (i think)years to get it out.

Leave a comment:

• unitedpunjab
    replied
    Still lots of features for a product that is totally free.

Leave a comment:

• Mephisteus
    replied
    Originally posted by Kier View Post
    I'm sure if we produced a chart we would skew it to favour our own product. I don't think anything short of a side-by-side use test is a reasonable comparison, which is the reason why we don't have such a chart.
    True enough, but there is a difference between skewing results in your favour (lie by omission at worst) and flat out lying And then between doing it a little bit, and doing it a lot.

That's just not friendly....

Leave a comment:

• DelphiVillage
    replied
    Originally posted by Kier View Post
    I'm sure if we produced a chart we would skew it to favour our own product. I don't think anything short of a side-by-side use test is a reasonable comparison, which is the reason why we don't have such a chart.
    Ooh come on that chart is completely rediculious.I see "no" in several colums with vBulletin while vBulletin does support the feature this is unfair competion and if i where you i would go after them

There is no other forum solution (free or paid) that is even allowed to smell vBulletin feet

Leave a comment:

• Mazinger
    replied
    Also, someone need tell them that vBulletin 3.6.9 is released.

Leave a comment:

• Kier
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SSSlippy
    replied
    Id like to note that that chart is completly biased and wrong.

You can reference this thread for a correction.
    http://www.phpbb.com/about/features/compare.php

The best thing you can do is try the demo and see how it works for you if you want to run through all the features.

Leave a comment:

• Garamond
    replied
    That's not a correct comparison chart. For instance, they say that vBulletin doesn't support Merging Posts - which it does.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X