Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats what I'm starting to believe! before I had my doubts! but no more!!

Comment

Compare yourself:
      http://www.forummatrix.org/
      www.MCSEboard.de
      German Windows Server & IT Pro Community dedicated to Windows Client & Server Systems. MVPs inside

Comment

already did it, found out things i wouldve never known.. vBulletin Here I Come!!!!

Comment

Very biased chart. I complained to phpbb several times about this. Trying to correct unfalse information about a few of the forum softwares.

Comment

Originally posted by shadow82x View Post
            Very biased chart. I complained to phpbb several times about this. Trying to correct unfalse information about a few of the forum softwares.
            Where?

I realise that everyone in here are vB fanboys, and that’s okay. Everybody has their own preference.
            But I would just like to point out that we have not *intentionally* created an inaccurate chart or *lied* about any features.

ssslippy has been so gracious as to provide feedback on the correctness of the chart.
            He has filed a Bug Report, which is the proper and correct means of resolving any inaccuracies in the chart: http://www.phpbb.com/bugs/website/ti...icket_id=25565

The trouble we had in creating the chart is that no other forum solution provides a clear and definable feature list that we were able to directly compare to. At least none that we were able to find.
            Therefore, most of it was based on information that would could confirm.
            This goes for vB, IPB and SMF.

Thanks for your understanding.
            - Highway of Life
            phpBB.com Modifications Team

Comment

You couldn't have looked very hard then.
              For vBulletin, there's the features pages in the front-end, describing the what's in the 3.6-series.
              Then there's the announcement-threads for 3.7.

Extremely hard to find, eh?
              Toddler from Hell

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion View Post
                You couldn't have looked very hard then.
                For vBulletin, there's the features pages in the front-end, describing the what's in the 3.6-series.
                Then there's the announcement-threads for 3.7.

Extremely hard to find, eh?
                The comparison chart is specifically on stable releases of software, not in-development software. So once 3.7 is released, we’ll have to completely revamp the vB list I’m sure.

Regarding the 3.6 features, you still didn’t link to it. And if its the page I believe you are referring to, it still does not contain the necessary information to make the chart completely accurate, which is why the feedback from ssslippy is so very welcome. Nothing beats an inside-man.

Comment

You're forgetting the announcement threads for the 3.6-series. As that's the stable release those threads can be used as a base for an in-detail look at what the features are.

I'm not about to do your work for you, but for starters you can have a look at this one.
                  Toddler from Hell

Comment

Such petty bickering...the chart will be upgraded as stated...sheesh.

Comment

That's the stupidest chart I've ever seen. I use phpBB3 and vB 3.5x. Whoever created that chart needs to actually learn how to use each forum software before posting such chart. It's a joke.

A quick glance at the list...

Quick Mod tools is a YES for phpBB? I guess that depends on what's your definition of "quick". LOL
                      Founder/Board creator is handled through config.php on vB.
                      Merge Posts is a no for vB? LOL
                      Banning by Email address is a no for vB? LOL
                      Forum Rules is a no for vB? LOL
                      Search Flood control is - for vB? LOL
                      Copy Topics is a - for vB? LOL
                      Manage ban is a - for vB? LOL
                      User Notes is a - for vB? LOL
                      IM is a - for vB? LOL
                      Active Topics is a no for vB? LOL

It's kind of funny for someone to "unintentionally" create an inaccurate comparison chart, then when people correct them then the people are "fan boys". LOL I can write a forum software, call all the features in a different name, then I can make a comparison list with all the features that my software has that vB doesn't. LOL phpBB is no doubt the most popular free forum software out there, but vB is FAR superior. I will still continue to use phpBB, it has its purpose.
                      Last edited by Vtec44; Sat 19 Apr '08, 7:26pm.
                      So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

Originally posted by SirAdrian View Post
                        Higher version number for the win.
                        LMAO

And vBulletin is a fully supported product with a professional development team. No free board can compete with that in my eyes.

Comment

There are quite a few things on vB side that will NEVER make it to that "comparison" chart. lol
                          So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

you can't say you like it unless you try it...

Comment

Originally posted by Vtec44 View Post
                              That's the stupidest chart I've ever seen. I use phpBB3 and vB 3.5x. Whoever created that chart needs to actually learn how to use each forum software before posting such chart. It's a joke.
                              I appreciate your comments.
                              At least we did receive respect from the SMF community when we worked with them to correct any errors in the chart for the SMF BB Solution.
                              I don’t need to learn how to use every forum solution out there to make a chart, I just need knowledgeable people who know the software to correct any mistakes in the chart.

Originally posted by l SKN l CHRIS View Post
                              LMAO

And vBulletin is a fully supported product with a professional development team. No free board can compete with that in my eyes.
                              Am I wrong about fanboys? don’t get me wrong, we do have our own fanboys as well. But at least we respect vB.

Comment

Originally posted by Highway of Life View Post
                                I appreciate your comments.
                                At least we did receive respect from the SMF community when we worked with them to correct any errors in the chart for the SMF BB Solution.
                                I don’t need to learn how to use every forum solution out there to make a chart, I just need knowledgeable people who know the software to correct any mistakes in the chart.
                                I love phpBB3 for what it is, but blaming the mistake on that chart "unintentional" is lame. I've always had respect for the open source community in general. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Regarding Quick-MOD Tools, I guess you don’t really know what that feature is on phpBB3.
                                You still need to open a thread before you can use the so-called "quick mod" tools. If I need to move or rename 10 threads on, I can do it in VB without opening each one of them. I guess you don't really know what it means by "quick mod".

Someone corrected you on some really OBVIOUS mistakes that a typical user would catch it immediately, let a lone developers. I guess attention to details is no longer a qualification for being a good programmer. I'd respect you more if you just come out and own up to it, "hey, we screwed up. my bad." Like I said in my previous post, phpBB is still the most popular free software and I will continue to use it. But you've lost my respect.
                                Last edited by Vtec44; Sun 20 Apr '08, 11:38am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X