converting smf 1.4 to vBulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• converting smf 1.4 to vBulletin

hey all i am thinking about changing my forum to vb and have a few things i need to no,

how easy is this to do as i am really very new to this ?
    if all fails can i pay some on to do this ?

same for adding mod to vb do you offer a payed service to do this ?

i have a gallery on my forum will i be able to import my photos and comment to a gallery i install to vb ?

last think for now will it in port all users and there passwords and profiles ?

thanks for now
    spurry05

The ImPex system will import these on SMF:
    • Import usergroup
    • Import user
    • Import forum
    • Import thread
    • Import post
    • Import poll
    • Import Private messages
    • Import moderator
    • Import smilie
    • Import attachment

Please read:
    Originally posted by CHIPIT View Post
    The ImpEx system will allow you to import from SMF. Despite the version saying 1.2, it seems to support 1.4. You can download it once you purchase a license.
    http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/impex_smf

There is no complete photo gallery addon, however the upcoming version 3.7 has photo albums which are somewhat similar. If you are looking for a full gallery system you will have to use an unofficial addon such as PhotoPost or PhotoPlog
    and this:
    Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
    Please note that it is against the rules to solicit paid services on these forums:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=42918

You can try posting in the 'Requests for Paid Services' forum at vbulletin.org for help with this.
    Last edited by Coreye; Tue 8 Apr '08, 9:35am.
    Twitter | Face Book

OSChat.net - Open Source Chat Software.
    osTicket.com - Open Source Support Ticket Software.

Comment

when i said pay some one i ment pay vbulletin for the install as i have seen this in other threads, i never ment pay jo blogs,,,,

any one no about the gallery or will i lose all that info and posts in there?

Comment

Originally posted by spurry05 View Post

i have a gallery on my forum will i be able to import my photos and comment to a gallery i install to vb ?

spurry05
        i would need to no this before i consider buying vb

thanks again mark

Comment

Mostly likely, it will not touch your gallery as it is not a default feature within within SMF and a "gallery" isn't built into vBulletin. The only gallery built in would be user albums and I doubt your gallery is based on the same idea.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X