Does vb Has trial copy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dkon26 View Post
    No because it is a private installation for testing purposes.
    That is correct. It's not a live site, it is NOT a true "second" instance. It's a temporary TEST setup. You can invite your webmaster or fellow admin to come help out with the testing. But you can't open the site for an audience.

Please note that vBulletin has a call home feature and we frequently check if our customers are breaking the license agreement and abusing this rule to get a 'free' second instance running. A customer caught runs the risk of having their license revoked (just sharing to add more info about this topic - FYI).

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Yue View Post
      You Mean I Can Run a live and a private in the same time

how to run a private one???
      This is not possible to have a "private" forum... what is explained on this thread is the ability to have a TEST forum, where you can try different things without having a active forum... no possibility to have anybody using it but you and a team -- for testing purpose... like teaching how the software runs, or trying to code a addon/product for it.
      oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

Thanks a lot for your answers, I but I have few more questions then,

If there will be any problem if I run the test site in my localhost (offline)?

nd How about modding, will I be able to mod vb?

Comment

working locally is my way to go for hacking.. you can do it easily if you know how to manage a local webserver with a database...

and for modding, the best way to know if it is possible: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=198 .. see the count of threads, each one is a hack or a mod.
          oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

nexialys thank u very much, Ok, I have bought license, downloaded, and installed vb in my localhost. I think I'll check out the link u gave.

Comment

Thank you for your recent purchase and welcome to the vBulletin community. Don't forget to go to the members' area and set yourself up for priority support on vborg and vbcom

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X