Does vb Has trial copy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does vb Has trial copy?

Well, I am a developer, perhaps I won't buy vb ever, But my clients want to use it for their website which I develop. So, I need a trial copy of vb which will work on localhost. If there is any please provide link.

You can't have vB as trial, but if your clients have a license, you can install vB in a private place (password protected, named /vbtest/) and this will do...
    oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo.php this is a demo site that you can use to try out the features and admin panel.

Comment

And That Demo Is 3.7.0 I Think

Comment

The admin demo is 3.6.8 It will not be updated to 3.7.0 until 3.7.0 stable is released.
          Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

Kerry Is The Upgrade Easy???

Comment

Please use the support forums for support questions. Support is not provided in pre-sales.
              Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

Oh Sry Kerry

Comment

If you use vBulletin for your business it certainly is a small investment which you can earn back. There's no downloadable 'trial' version. Nor can we permit what nexius suggested to run an instance in a private test dir. This is ONLY valid if you have a legal and valid license (which you have to buy).

If you wish to run an instance of vBulletin, private or public, for testing or development, or for a live site, etc ... you will need to buy a license.

Comment

Like Me Which I Have A License

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Yue View Post
                      Like Me Which I Have A License
                      Yes, if you have a license you have permission as per our license agreement to run 1 live instance. And a temporary, private, in testvb/ directory, behind .htaccess closed doors instance for testing.

Comment

You Mean I Can Run a live and a private in the same time

how to run a private one???

Comment

On your web host, create a new database, create a new directory called testvb. Install or restore a copy, setup config.php of course first. And add .htaccess/.htpasswd protection to the testvb dir. And make sure the cookie domain and path is unique so it doesn't get confused with your live site. And when done testing, delete the files and the database and the directory again.

Comment

I Got It Is Working now cool Can Member Join that Website too???

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Yue View Post
                              I Got It Is Working now cool Can Member Join that Website too???
                              No because it is a private installation for testing purposes.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X