Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A license question

Hi,

I'm gonna renew my vbulletin license from leased to owned in few days.
    On my forum i will install same categories/forums but in 2 languages (on the same forum). The part in english will be hidden (active forum on NO) and same thing for the part in french. This way they are accessible only if we know the url. This url will be inside menu boutons in a header i will create. This way we will feel it's like 2 differents forum. But it's just temporary (i guess) and if it works liek i want, i plan to buy a second license (one for the forum in english and one for the forum in french, each one with its own vbadvanced homepage in its language, and at the same url.

For the first thing i'll do, i just need 1 license (because it's category i create in french or english) for the second i need 2 license.
    But this is not the problem.

The problem is when i will separate them. I plan to save forum and DB.
    Then to move the oprignal forum in a folder A and the new forum in a folder B. I will reinstall all i saved in folderB too. Once its done, in folder A i willindstall vbadvanced and i will remove all french forums. In folder B i will o the same but i will remove english forums of course.
    This way i keep all that have been post, and i restart from where i was.

The problem is that im afraid that it will cause a problem if i reinstall my forum and database on folder B knowing it will have license information of the folderA (old only forum in english and french) and i couldn't install vbuleltin on this new forum with my new license without lose anything (forum save and database save). Will i?

If i will lose, is it possible to buy a newl icense (so with a new license number) but still keep the same license number as the first one for the second forum to don't risk to lose something? As far as ipaid a new license, you will know i have paiuid 2 license for the url i will give, so it will be the same even if i use the same license number right?

Thx

Originally posted by mushrom View Post
    Hi,

I'm gonna renew my vbulletin license from leased to owned in few days.
    On my forum i will install same categories/forums but in 2 languages (on the same forum). The part in english will be hidden (active forum on NO) and same thing for the part in french. This way they are accessible only if we know the url. This url will be inside menu boutons in a header i will create. This way we will feel it's like 2 differents forum. But it's just temporary (i guess) and if it works liek i want, i plan to buy a second license (one for the forum in english and one for the forum in french, each one with its own vbadvanced homepage in its language, and at the same url.

For the first thing i'll do, i just need 1 license (because it's category i create in french or english) for the second i need 2 license.
    But this is not the problem.

The problem is when i will separate them. I plan to save forum and DB.
    Then to move the oprignal forum in a folder A and the new forum in a folder B. I will reinstall all i saved in folderB too. Once its done, in folder A i willindstall vbadvanced and i will remove all french forums. In folder B i will o the same but i will remove english forums of course.
    This way i keep all that have been post, and i restart from where i was.

The problem is that im afraid that it will cause a problem if i reinstall my forum and database on folder B knowing it will have license information of the folderA (old only forum in english and french) and i couldn't install vbuleltin on this new forum with my new license without lose anything (forum save and database save). Will i?

If i will lose, is it possible to buy a newl icense (so with a new license number) but still keep the same license number as the first one for the second forum to don't risk to lose something? As far as ipaid a new license, you will know i have paiuid 2 license for the url i will give, so it will be the same even if i use the same license number right?

Thx
    As to my knowledge, as your forum look like 2 actually this would require 2 licenses in the first place. So you don't have to worry about porting them but install 2 forums right away.

Comment

seems like a lot of effort to achieve what you are trying. Do you really want two forums to have 1 in English and 1 in French?

Why not just have a french section and an English section on the 1 forums. would make life much easier and cheaper for you.
      Selling my BigBoard GamerzNeeds.net/forums Threads: 193 502, Posts: 1 540 045, Members: 718 566 It is listed here http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showt...3#post18297060

Comment

first like i said, i already know i need 2 licenses, this is not the problem. The probleme is to know if i can use the same vbulletin lincese number on my 2 forums as far as i used 2 licenses, because im affraid to al lmess it up installing the second forum based on the first

second: yes, it would be much easier to have just one forum, that's one i planned first, but just few people talk english, and so i need buttons, and menus in french + there will be an homepage made with vbadvanced, and i can't make 1 vbadvanced in english and one in french for a single forum

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X