how to transfer information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to transfer information

Hello, i was told to put this in the correct section and this seems like a better one, since i havent bought it yet'. is there anyway to take all the info from my original board and then put it on my new board powered by vB. and what i mean is, how can i transfer all my members, settings and posts to my new board. thanks and please help, i cant move forward unless i know how to do this, and im really excited to buy this and set up my vB

Depending on your previous forum software, you may be able to use ImpEx.

Please read: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_module_dump.
    Twitter | Face Book

OSChat.net - Open Source Chat Software.
    osTicket.com - Open Source Support Ticket Software.

Comment

hey i see that this was good, but can you help me more? i did the things it said but i really dont have a clue what im doing. can you help please?

Comment

Originally posted by GhOsTxXz View Post
        hey i see that this was good, but can you help me more? i did the things it said but i really dont have a clue what im doing. can you help please?
        What forum software are you currently using?
        Twitter | Face Book

OSChat.net - Open Source Chat Software.
        osTicket.com - Open Source Support Ticket Software.

Comment

i am currently using phpBB3

Comment

Yes, we have an importer for phpBB3:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_phpBB3
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

yes i understand that, ive already been told, but how do i use it? i configured the file as it told me, i have uploaded the folder onto my ftp server but now it wont show up anywhere and i have no clue how to use it. thats my problem, any help with that?

Comment

Originally posted by GhOsTxXz View Post
                yes i understand that, ive already been told, but how do i use it? i configured the file as it told me, i have uploaded the folder onto my ftp server but now it wont show up anywhere and i have no clue how to use it. thats my problem, any help with that?
                To get vB support on these forums you first need to be a licensed customer and register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please go here:

http://members.vbulletin.com/membersupport_priority.php

...and enter your email address in one of the boxes. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access the page.

Once you've done this, please post in the appropriate support forum for your version.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

i have already bought an owned liscence, but yes i will do this thank you but how do i ask a priority question? becuase it says this will take a few minuets and then what?

Comment

You follow the instructions I gave you then you post in the appropriate support forum.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X