Infraction System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infraction System

Just trying to get a good understanding of this before I purchase....

Can someone explain the Infraction system?

I understand, you can set the number of infraction points, and set your own categories etc. So, for example, I could have....

Excessive swearing - 1 point
    Racism - 2 points
    Abusive - 2 points
    Spamming - 3 points
    Breaking forum rule - 2 points
    And so on...

Then, every time a member does one of the above, a moderator or myself, can give him/her one of the above Infractions.
    Once the member has a certain number of points rack up, they automatically get banned??

Have I got it right?

1. If so, can you set the ban length?
    2. Is the member informed automatically every time they receive an Infraction?
    3. Can the member see how many Infractions he/she currently has?
    4. Is the Infraction limited to a certain amount of time? For example, does it cancel out after a month etc??

Thanks in advance.

Yes, you can set points for certain things, and have staff apply those infractions, points are build up and when certain points have been reached an auto ban is triggered. The ban can be a certain ban, for example, a temporary 1 week ban or a perm ban, or whatever. Yes, it's possible to give them a privmsg upon infraction. Not that auto bans is useless, since they can't come to the forum to read it. Yes, from their public profile they can see their infraction (history). Yes, the infraction has expiry on the points (will remain visible in the infraction history).

Comment

Thanks Floris.
      I assume you are able to set your own ban length, and also set the number of points reached before a ban is issued?

The PM users get upon an infraction - I assume this gets sent automatically? Is it just a default message, or can it be created by the forum owner etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Ifti View Post
        Thanks Floris.
        I assume you are able to set your own ban length, and also set the number of points reached before a ban is issued?

The PM users get upon an infraction - I assume this gets sent automatically? Is it just a default message, or can it be created by the forum owner etc?
        Yes, you can set your own ban length, and how many points a user has to have. You can even set it up by how many infractions instead of points.

As for the message, it's sent automatically and it can be edited in the Phrase Manager.
        Twitter | Face Book

OSChat.net - Open Source Chat Software.
        osTicket.com - Open Source Support Ticket Software.

Comment

Excellent, thanks!

Comment

So the user can see whenever I (the admin) assigns infractions?

I've been having a few problem children on my site lately and I need to start up a discipline program for repeat offenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Simtech View Post
              So the user can see whenever I (the admin) assigns infractions?

I've been having a few problem children on my site lately and I need to start up a discipline program for repeat offenders.
              Yes, they get a PM of the infraction, and they can see it when viewing there profile.
              Twitter | Face Book

OSChat.net - Open Source Chat Software.
              osTicket.com - Open Source Support Ticket Software.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X